Christmas Cards

Co. Clare had a rare white(-ish) Christmas

Peter,

It might have settled for a while up where you are, but in Kilrush we had various showers of rain and hail, our short fall of snow didn't stand a chance of doing so here. Nice to see it on Christmas Day though. :)

I would say it was pretty cool for the annual 10.00 AM swim at Cappa Pier ! :mellow:

Guest Peter Laban
Peter

The tractor looks like an early 1950's Fergusson (Massey) ???

jeff

The old Massey Fergusons are probably indistructable, several of the neighbours are still using them daily and they are fairly common around here still. There's a house nearly Cooraclare that has five of them out front, all different colours parked in a row.

Two Snowmen talking

"Can you smell carrots" ?

Cartoon doing the rounds at work shows one snowman robbing another. The mugger is pointing a hair dryer at his victim ...

I'll say it again, 'cos you can't say it too often, "Happy Christmas all" (and particularly to Jim, good to see you posting again).

Chris

Ah thanks, Chris,

You made me laugh.

Which is good since I just came in after an hour and a half of chopping up the ice chunks deposited 3 feet high in my driveway by the highway grader. Thank goodness my neighbor took pity and came and helped. Or I'd still be out there.

Your joke was funny.

Helen

Two Snowmen talking

"Can you smell carrots" ?

Snow and carrots together in the same sentence shall forever make me think of 'random acts of kindness,' or neighborliness....

One winter here, we had a really, REALLY bad snowstorm. I needed carrots for something I was cooking. The roads were hardly plowed and as I recall I couldn't manage to get to the 'real' grocery store for some reason. I went about 2 miles to one of the local farm stand/stores (Deershorn Farm). Road conditions were so bad, they were closed!!!! But, there was a man on a snowplow there, clearing out the farm store area, and he shut off his plow, asked me what I needed, went and unlocked his store and sold me some carrots...then locked up again and went back to plowing.

Now, that was nice. Most people would have just said, 'Sorry, we're closed.' And I would have had NO CARROTS!!!!!

Exactly why I had to have carrots so badly, even after a storm -- I don't know. Maybe that was one of the times we'd been snowed in for hours, so any excuse for going to a store after finally getting out was okay.

All you snowed-in and iced-over people have my sympathy. We've got a storm going on right now, though I haven't really looked to see how bad it is.

In winter, I just want to hibernate and not go out again until spring....no, make that summer!

Off-topic but maybe more on-topic, really....I dunno (this IS the 'Christmas Card' thread, right?)...though it's the day AFTER Christmas, I recorded one verse of singing/playing the Christmas song I can do half-okay with my EC, 'It Came Upon A Midnight Clear.' It's tolerable, I guess. It's at: http://geocities.com/geranimom/progs.html

I know I have to go outside...still must walk the dogs. Yuck. Why doesn't everyone (and dogs) just sleep away the next few months?

Cartoon doing the rounds at work shows one snowman robbing another. The mugger is pointing a hair dryer at his victim ...
Batteries not included

:lol:

And you know what salt does to a snowman.

"Salt and battery" is a more serious crime than most people realize. :(