Uk Morris Musicians/dancers: Interested In Hosting A Us Team?

Attention Morris folks in the UK: my side, the Foggy Bottom Morris Men, is planning its next UK trip for the summer of 2016.

Might your side be interested in hosting us for a day of dance or even a few?

Ideally, we'd like to shape our itinerary around dance events with fun UK teams.

Reply here, or by email: concertinist <at> gmail <dot> com

Thanks

Jim, I see the Thaxted Morris Meeting is June 3 next year and that's always an amazing event, but don't know if they include teams from across the pond.

If you decide to attend any Morris Circle events, make sure you can dance the mystical and legendary "Threeple Hammer Damson"!

Gary

Jim, I see the Thaxted Morris Meeting is June 3 next year and that's always an amazing event, but don't know if they include teams from across the pond.

If you decide to attend any Morris Circle events, make sure you can dance the mystical and legendary "Threeple Hammer Damson"!

Gary

Ahhh, we'll have to work on that one. With bells on.

Attention Morris folks in the UK: my side, the Foggy Bottom Morris Men, is planning its next UK trip for the summer of 2016.

Ideally, we'd like to shape our itinerary around dance events with fun UK teams.

Jim, I presume concertina.net and melodeon.net aren't the only places you're asking. I'll be surprised if you don't have so many possibilities that you'll have serious difficulties deciding which to accept.

Might partly depend on how far you want to travel around. When New York City's Greenwich (Village) Morris Men toured England (1991, if I remember rightly), we landed in London but ranged as far as Yorkshire and the Liverpool area. As I recall, we didn't hit any festivals, ales, Ring meetings, or the like, but consistently were not the only side other than our hosts. And aside from Cotswold dances, we shared tours with teams doing clog Morris, longsword, and rapper. (Maybe more. Border? I don't remember all the details, and I've also had Morris experiences when on my own in the UK, and memories get mixed/muddled.)

Hi Jim,

The Sherringham Potties Day of Dance is normally the first weekend in July, Ely Folk Festival is normally the second weekend in July.

We ( Bury Fair Women's Morris ) normally dance at both, They both involve a processional dance with about 30 other morris sides !

regards

Karl

Jim, I presume concertina.net and melodeon.net aren't the only places you're asking. I'll be surprised if you don't have so many possibilities that you'll have serious difficulties deciding which to accept.

Might partly depend on how far you want to travel around. When New York City's Greenwich (Village) Morris Men toured England (1991, if I remember rightly), we landed in London but ranged as far as Yorkshire and the Liverpool area. As I recall, we didn't hit any festivals, ales, Ring meetings, or the like, but consistently were not the only side other than our hosts. And aside from Cotswold dances, we shared tours with teams doing clog Morris, longsword, and rapper. (Maybe more. Border? I don't remember all the details, and I've also had Morris experiences when on my own in the UK, and memories get mixed/muddled.)

Jim - we're casting a wide net. Also asked on the MDDL, etc.

On our last UK tour, in 2011, we danced in Winchester and Cambridge - with the Coton Morris Men, Pigdyke Molly, the Winchester MM, and a few others. And also in Utrechet, Netherlands (which I missed because my plane broke down and stranded us in Boston for 2.5 days).

This time we're totally open as far as itinerary goes. Just hoping to meet up with some fun sides and maybe see some new territory.

jb