Wanted: Jeffries Anglo Bb/f

StuartEstell

Chris Algar at Barleycorn is always a good default choice for a Jeffries, if you haven't already tried. He had a restored one a while back on eBay which didn't sell al the time - can't remember whether it was a 45+ one or not, but certainly looked v. nice and was at least 39 buttons. Lovely choice of key for rich tone and singing, good luck with the search.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe we might have a B Flat F Anglo Jeffries from 1890's with a leather case. Let me check the keys...it's certainly not regular pitch and i think it was used for English Dancing.

My email is mililundy@gmail.com I will try to figure out keys for certain.

Thanks for your response Mili -- I'm keen to get my hands on any instrument I consider so would look only at instruments in the UK at the moment.

If this approach fails me I may ultimately have to reconsider, but I'm in no rush to find the right box!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hhhrrrrm, i see that 30b B-fl/F Jeffries has vanished from BB's postings .... hein??? i was told by BB that it had a fantastic huge voice . . . .well, perhaps you're still after a 44-ish? BB said the one they have has a quieter voice, it was the 30b that was a barker . . .

Edited by ceemonster

• 2 weeks later...