shelly0312

OK Folks, maybe someone would walk me through SoundCloud. I've had an account forever so I could listen to TOTM. I thought I would try to participate but am not being successful with the "REC" button. I updated adobe flash, I got the SoundCloud app for my desktop, still no joy. All hints will be taken into consideration (pleasepleaseplease).

I would suggest the use of Audacity - it's free, accessable and allows you to cut out the noise at the start and after having completed your take; no deeper knowledge needed (I would be glad to walk you through that, whereas I never made use of the SC's built-in recording device).

However, looking forward to listening to your recordings...!

Best wishes - Wolf

Thanks Folks. Not being very "techie", I was trying to avoid the extra step of recording and then uploading. I have done it in the past but not with satisfactory sound results. I realized part of the "not satisfactory" was due to inadequete mics on desktop and IPad. I even went so far as to buy an inexpensive mic--which was just as unsatisfactory. I do have notes somewhere for "blue snowball" mic that was discussed here? But for the amount of recording I would be doing I was not sure I wanted to spend that sort of $. I'll futz some more with my IPad apps and see if I can configure my way with garage band. It just seems to take a lot of steps in that preloaded app. It is not very "intuitive". And I forget from one recording to the next all the steps; so it takes another hour of time to retrain myself. I also have a Mac--pretty new on this system. Did I look up Audacity and it is not written for Mac....? that seems to tickle in the back of my brain. Can you tell: none techie suffering..... I will analyze some more today.

later: I am wrong. Audacity is available for Mac. I guess that will be my next step. Thanks!

Edited by shelly0312

Hi Shelly,

it's not "Blue Snowball" but "Blue Yeti", and has really been a huge step forward regarding audio quality for me. It did cost me around 100 € as I seem to recall, and I'm still absolutely contented with it. It has its own soundcard and gives a true stereo picture...

Audacity requires just setting the recording level, then press "r" for record (and "space" for a break), and there you go...

Best wishes - Wolf

• 2 weeks later...