Fs Edgley Professional Model, Netherlands

Orm

I’m selling my Bocote Edgley Professional Model, located in Netherlands.

It’s really nice instrument, easy to play and has wonderful tone. It’s fits well for intermediate/advanced players, but it also perfect instrument for beginners. The concertina has great action and very sweet sound, so it will not restrict you in any way while you’re learning. I’v bought it in 2011, started to learn tunes on it, used on our local session and on concertina classes with Edel Fox on Willie Clancy Summer School in Ireland, Co. Clare. I’ve never regretted about buying it.

So if you’re in Europe and thinking about starting playing the concertina - this is a good opportunity to get a high-class instrument.

Serial number 356, Tree of Life patterns, raised stainless steel ends, Carroll standart note layout (3 C#), 7-fold bellows. Beautiful highly figured bocote wood. Comes with custom built Frank Edgley case.

I am the first and only owner.

PM me if interested, I'll consider all reasonable offers.

Regards

Roman

post-9583-0-33550100-1430829900_thumb.png

post-9583-0-07427200-1430829908_thumb.png

post-9583-0-47691500-1430830136_thumb.png

Edited by Orm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought this concertina. It arrived today and I absolutely love it. It's going to take some getting used to. I'm not sure of the implications of the Carroll layout but I think it's going to be great for Irish which is what I want to play mainly. This instrument has a wonderful tone and feel. Ok, it's a hybrid but to my ears it sounds lovely. The buttons are very responsive and the bellows feel great as does the air button. Also, the concertina has no faults that I can find (thus far) which is nice. So many times I've bought instruments that need a load of tweaking - guess I've been lucky here. Anyway, many thanks to "Orm" who sold it to me - he was really helpful at all stages of this process. I was a little nervous buying this without trying it first but as it was in Holland that wasn't really possible. It has all turned out well and now I'm looking forward to working hard to do this beautiful instrument justice!! ;)

Edited by Daddy Long Les

Thanks a lot, Les, it was a pleasure to have a deal with you. Really glad that you like the concertina!

So concertina is now SOLD and appropriate donation have been sent to concertina.net

Happy squeezing with your "new" instrument, Les. Frank Edgley builds beautiful concertinas. I owned one for a few years and it was a wonderful instrument. Frank is a gentleman and always has time to answer questions.

Happy squeezing with your "new" instrument, Les. Frank Edgley builds beautiful concertinas. I owned one for a few years and it was a wonderful instrument. Frank is a gentleman and always has time to answer questions.

Thank you Ben. I've actually emailed Frank this afternoon to ask him a couple of questions so I'm looking forward to hearing from him.