55 Key Crane/triumph

TJPearson

Having made some progress with my Hayden Duet, it is time to put some instruments up for sale.

I will do my best to describe them as accurately as possible and hopefully put up a couple of pictures.

Should you be interested in purchasing, I can send you more pictures if you let me have your email address.

Details of Concertina No 1:

Crabb 55key Crane/Triumph System Duet.

Serial Number 14075.

Made in 1937/8

7.25" Hexagonal Shape.

Flat Duralumin Ends.

6 Fold Black Bellows.

Steel Reeds in Brass Reed Frames.

Re-padded and valved by Barlycorn Concertinas 2006.

Weight of Concertina 3.5lb/1.6Kg

Price £1,600 GB Pounds.

Buyer to pay carriage and insurance costs.

Any Questions, please ask.

I will make a donation to this site should the instrument sell.

post-11637-0-38373100-1426615832_thumb.jpg

post-11637-0-10931400-1426615921_thumb.jpg

post-11637-0-28135400-1426615928_thumb.jpg

post-11637-0-14463800-1426615937_thumb.jpg

post-11637-0-02939700-1426615966_thumb.jpg

post-11637-0-77657800-1426616149_thumb.jpg

"Having made some progress with my Hayden Duet,"

Glad you're getting on with the Hayden ok, the one you've got is a lovely instrument, made my fingers feel as if they were dancing when I played it. I was wondering how you and the new box were doing, just never got round to asking. Is this the Crabb I saw? If it is, I can vouch that it's a fine sounding instrument, it'll give someone a lot of pleasure.

All the best,

Joy

Edited by Spectacled Warbler

Note arrangement is standard 55 key. LH starts on the C, an octave below middle C and goes up 2 full octaves. RH starts on middle C and goes up 2 and a bit octaves to F.

Details are in the Salvation Army tutor, a copy of which can be found on the internet.

The Hayden is a Wakker WH1.

Originally coming from the Anglo system, I have struggled trying to read music and transfer it from my brain to my fingers on the Crane/Triumph system.

So now I am trying to play by ear, rather then by music and find the Hayden system much more intuitive, so that I don't have to think too hard.

Still early days, but this seems the way forward for me.

I can afford to drop the asking price by £100 to £1,500 GB Pounds, if there is anyone out there interested.

Otherwise, I will have to consider putting it on an online auction site, not really something I want to do, but needs must.

Hi TJ,

I am a little surprised that your Crane is still for sale 9 days on..... given the general dearth of medium sized models on the market these days. It surely is worth more than your asking price!

Good luck,

Geoff.

Edited by Geoff Wooff