Iv`e Got The Ugly One

Two new topics neither about concertinas ,someone (Jim) is going to tell me off for this.

I just thought this may amuse you.

About ten years ago I made a pond in my garden and put into it three tiny goldfish and two tiny Koy carp ,I have since then given away over two hundred goldfish and up untill recently still had about one hundred in the pond,from those original fish.Major problems however the Herons have passed the word around and their morning breakfast consists of my goldfish.I decided to do something about this and was told that a plastic dummy heron would solve the problem.Working on the principle that herons are terrotorial and would see my plastic heron and decide not to bother.I promptly went around to the local pond stockist and asked for a plastic heron which was found in the back of the shop."Hold on a minute " I said "What about if another heron sees my plastic one and comes down to mate it".

As quick as a flash the reply came back " No problems" he said " I have just given you the ugly one".

Al :)

...someone (Jim) is going to tell me off for this.

Which Jim, I wonder? :)

...I have since then given away over two hundred goldfish...

Reminds me of guinea pigs.

Major problems however the Herons have passed the word around and their morning breakfast consists of my goldfish.

Why problems? Doesn't it help keep the population down? Or is it competition? Do you like carp for breakfast? (Carpe diem = the fish of the day?)

"I have just given you the ugly one".

Reminds me of the joke about the shepherd.

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought I would update you on this story.

I checked out my fish today to see if the Heron was working.Sadly not :(

Mrs Fish (one of the original six) has gone,together with Big Ghost, Medium Ghost and little ghost and many more unnamed.

Whats more I think my Heron is pregnant, :o

He must have given me the pretty one. ;)

There is now a net over the rest,I can stop worrying about them :unsure:

Al :( sob sob

Oh Al,

I am so sorry. And at Christmas too.

Okay, I know, that makes no sense. But felt I needed to say it.

Helen

Please stop sobbing Al. Perhaps I can get you some new perfume for your concertina case. (That ought to confuse new people on Concertina.net, but the oldtimers will understand.)

I hope you don't have any cats near by Alan!

We had a cat many years ago who was expert at holding the net up either with his head or another paw, whilst taking a swipe at the neighbours carp with the other paw. My parents have had several angry neighbours knocking on the door demanding something be done over the years! :o

Look Claus,

I think that we may need to start a shepherds' support group while we wait and wait and wait for the shepherd's joke.

Helen :ph34r:

Great idea, Helen. How about singing and playing "Shepherds Arise" in the meantime - to raise the spirit.

So come on folks, join us - or give us the joke :) !

Claus (proud member of the "shepherds' support group" B) )