Arran And Concertina's

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been away for the last day or two. Thanks for the kind words in my absence. Given me some food for thought Chris but I don't think that will work for the first time there. I'll probably save it up for next year.

Helen don't forget that although you are crossing the ocean for the first time to another continent, due to the miracle of the internet you already have quite a few friends over here and we will certainly be looking after you when you are here. :)

Mostly English spoken over here although a bit of the Gaelic may be heard in Arran in which case most of us will be as lost as you :blink:

Looking forward to seeing you then.

Pete

"Ciamar a tha thu?" is just about all I can remember...

Actually I'm told that Ulster Irish and Scottish are very similiar, so we'll see how I go . My Irish is a little more comprehensive (I can at least talk about the weather :P)

I've asked for about 8 copies. I'll be offline until then end of next week, then I'll let you know what the reply was.

Chris

Edited to change oofline to offline. Mind you, I nearly left it in because oofline is a nice sort of word!

Edited by Chris Timson

Hey Morgana, With less than 5 weeks to Arran, you and Martin ought to be thinking about starting off!  :)  Its a long way and THEN you have to get used to being the right way up! - Derek :P

Hey Derek,

Thanks to the wonderous of modern technology we even have airports and planes down here! Fortuantely we don't have your petrol prices! :P

Derek: Which equals AUD$2.32 a litre. We are currently paying AUD$1.27 which is pretty high for us. Works out around 53 pence. :P

Helen: 2007 then - it's a date! (Forget Canada - let's start our own concertina school! *hee hee* :D)

Derek: What can I say - the better team won; that's how it goes. :)

Helen: We could take it in turns; Southern Hemisphere one year, northern hemisphere the next :P

Jim: Ouch on the petrol prices! Maybe we should write an tune called "Forget the oil crisis and buy a whiskey!" :D

OK - we know the ferry a lot of us are catching on the Friday, what about the ferry back? I've provisionally booked one back Monday lunchtime but I don't know ......

Derek

It should be nice if we could have a farewell party / floating squeeze in at the ferry. My tickets says:

COMING BACK

From Prestwick Glasgow(PIK) to Dusseldorf Weeze(NRN)

Mon, 10Oct05 Flight FR7832 Depart PIK at 14:15 and arrive NRN at 16:55

So I'm not quite sure (yet) if I should take the ferry that arrives at Ardrossan at 12:00 :unsure:

It should be nice if we could have a farewell party / floating squeeze in at the ferry. My tickets says:
COMING BACK

From Prestwick Glasgow(PIK) to Dusseldorf Weeze(NRN)

Mon, 10Oct05 Flight FR7832 Depart PIK at 14:15 and arrive NRN at 16:55

So I'm not quite sure (yet) if I should take the ferry that arrives at Ardrossan at 12:00 :unsure:

That ferry would get you to Prestwick airport station at 1.15 - do you have to check in one hour or half an hour before the flight?

Samantha