Arran And Concertina's

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it sounds rather waterlogged  :)

Well... the recording was not made at the back of the boat in the bar, but almost at (or on) the bowsprit ;) .

Looking at the words I just wrote at the back of the boat in the bar, I see that it's not only an alliteration with all those B's but also a perfect title for a slip jig. Just repeat the words and increase speed and you discover the 9/8 measure :)

With regard to the Anglo International CD. It occurs to me that it might be nice to have copies of it at the weekend. This may be useful for people coming from foreign parts, especially, who want to buy one.

Could I have some indication as to who would like to buy a copy before I go ahead and contact Graham / Alan and order some?

Chris

With regard to the Anglo International CD. It occurs to me that it might be nice to have copies of it at the weekend. This may be useful for people coming from foreign parts, especially, who want to buy one.

Could I have some indication as to who would like to buy a copy before I go ahead and contact Graham / Alan and order some?

Chris

As I'm coming from foreign parts and would like to buy the set, you can count me in Chris.

I keep checking with my daughter just in case she might just have to go to "Uni" a few days early which would give me the chance to come, but no joy yet. It looks like I'll be carting her gear there on Sunday 9th October. Even if she could go on Friday 7th it would give me a chance. :mellow:

I'm sitting here reading all the posts about the ferry crossing and the tunes and thinking of the great weekend I'm going to miss - just feeling very morose about it all. :(

I do hope you guys have a really great time though and get all the problems ironed out ready for next year when I come. I must get there in 2006 come hell or high water (literally).

Helen you are ORDERED to come next year!!!! (Runs and hides before the flak starts) :ph34r:

Pete

I keep checking with my daughter just in case she might just have to go to "Uni" a few days early which would give me the chance to come, but no joy yet. It looks like I'll be carting her gear there on Sunday 9th October. Even if she could go on Friday 7th it would give me a chance.  :mellow:

Right, two suggestions:-

1) Put the parental foot down. Tell your daughter (who I am sure is a fine human being and will understand the parental predicament) she will be going to Uni on the 7th and no lip!

2) Convince your daughter that she really would like to go to Arran before she goes to Uni, then bring her with you and drop her off on the way back.

For this service, no charge!

Chris

Edited to add PS - I can confirm that I will be bringing both the Anglodeon and the MIDI anglo with me. I might do a workshop to present them and the thinking behind them. Would that be a good idea?

Edited by Chris Timson

Hey, don't run and hide, Peter. I so loved your declining that you have great latitude with me. I was gonna say currency, but that would just spawn puns. ( To say nothing of what *latitude* and *spawn* will do.)

I would love to come next year. I will still be a newby doodling along. I kept typing doddering which is also probably true but not the right image. I am not THAT old.

Gee, I guess I will have to get a passport!

Oh and maybe play my concertina more so I can join in more. Well, let's not make this work. I will come and have fun and play more AFTER I am there.

Yes yes this will work.

Hm now I have to save some money.

However the fund has already been started. I won $100 in the walk and weight challenge at work. See. It's destiny.

Helen :)

Gee, I guess I will have to get a passport!

Oh and maybe play my concertina more so I can join in more. Well, let's not make this work. I will come and have fun and play more AFTER I am there.

Yes yes this will work.

Hm now I have to save some money.

However the fund has already been started. I won $100 in the walk and weight challenge at work. See. It's destiny.

Helen :)

Helen, I'd be SOOOOOOOO flattered if you started saving now for next year's ACE! We haven't even held it yet, and folks are looking forward to the next one already!

Samantha :lol:

You should be flattered, Samantha. You have done a great job of organizing and promoting this event. I even talked someone else into going. Now I gotta do the same for me.

Can't wait to hear about all of the fun everyone will be having.

And next year I will need lots of coaching as I have never been out of the states except to Canada.

Helen