Arran And Concertina's

Hi Samantha

I've just been checking trains etc.

I shall (rail works permitting) be on the 12:30 crossing on Friday, but will need to catch the 11am (ish) boat back on Sunday otherwise I get to spend 14 hours or so in Glasgow Central waiting for a connection to Lockerbie. Might be quicker to walk!

see you in October.

Hilary

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Samantha

I've just been checking trains etc.

I shall (rail works permitting) be on the 12:30 crossing on Friday, but will need to catch the 11am (ish) boat back on Sunday otherwise I get to spend 14 hours or so in Glasgow Central waiting for a connection to Lockerbie. Might be quicker to walk!

see you in October.

Hilary

You'll meet Henk, Chris and Anne on the boat then (the bar is at the back of the boat ...) ;) .

Samantha

Edited by Samantha

I'm sure I can find the bar :rolleyes:

I've decided to drive anyway, so I can stay later on Sunday, so if people want transporting, via the distillery ;) I'll have room for all three although it might be a bit of a squeeze in the back :D Depends on how many instruments everyone brings. :unsure:

By the way, where is the brewery - I am charged with a quest to bring back as much local alcohol as possible :wacko:

I've decided to drive anyway, so I can stay later on Sunday, so if people want transporting, via the distillery ;) I'll have room for all three although it might be a bit of a squeeze in the back :D Depends on how many instruments everyone brings.  :unsure:

By the way, where is the brewery - I am charged with a quest to bring back as much local alcohol as possible :wacko:

The brewery is conveniently located on the way to the distillery ... :D

Samantha

banner.gif

You'll meet Henk, Chris and Anne on the boat then (the bar is at the back of the boat ...) ;) .

Samantha

Bring your concertina to the bar with you.

We'll see you in the bar too! :)

This will be a great crossing. Is there anyone on Arran who is going to drag us from the boat :blink: :unsure: ?

Edited by Henk van Aalten

You very well could be!

I just booked the 1230 ferry too!

I finally convince myself that it had got to be done. I just hope that I can pick up some tunes quickly as I don't go to sessions generally these days.

I could be among the first in the queue as I will be setting off from the midlands on thursday evening. Any one needs a lift with stuff on the ferry? (taking car)

See you all soon

Derek

Edited by bigsqueezergeezer

There are a couple of tunes linked from this post for you to mug up on in advance, if you like ...

Samantha

Another contribution to the "Arran-feeling" is this recording of The Arran Boat. Maybe it sounds a bit sad, but my playing was inspired by leaving Arran (November 2004) after having an unforgettable time :( and by some drops of Arran Whisky :P ;) .

Details of the tune can be found at (or in?) the Tune-o-Tron