Heads Up: Precision Screwdriver At Aldi

SteveS

Just returned from my local Aldi - they have a screwdriver set with 9 precision bits - 3 are very fine slotted bits and look suitable for concertinas.

The screwdriver body is slightly fatter than a pen - I guess it can be kept in a shirt pocket or in a concertina case.

The bits are stored in the screwdriver handle.

Edited by SteveS

ALDI is in the US, not that I've actually seen one (I've mostly heard of them as grocers, though I see their website lists home goods as well).

Edited by jdms

The one Walmart I've ever been in you could have parked a couple of Jumbos in it was so big, I was surprised clouds didn't form near the ceiling. Aldi is not on anything like that scale. However I did expand my toolkit recently with a set of modellers tools and screwdrivers from Amazon. Good value at 17 quid but I paid 10 in a quick sale and feel very pleased. They're here.

Chris

ALDI is in the US, not that I've actually seen one (I've mostly heard of them as grocers, though I see their website lists home goods as well).

I have been to the one in Ogdensburg NY.

Very different shopping experience to a regular store, not like Walmart at all. Mostly open cardboard boxes on basic, factory type shelving. Prices are really low, no credit cards accepted - cash or debit only. Mostly food, but some odds and sods that they must have picked up really cheap - like the song says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL7jyXCQ2Zc

Edited by Don Taylor

The non-food special offers (particularly tools) at Lidl are rather a mixed bag - I've bought some pretty decent stuff and some complete rubbish. Also they only tend to get small quantities in and when they sell out of an item the staff aren't able to tell you when, if ever, they might receive another shipment.

The non-food special offers (particularly tools) at Lidl are rather a mixed bag - I've bought some pretty decent stuff and some complete rubbish. Also they only tend to get small quantities in and when they sell out of an item the staff aren't able to tell you when, if ever, they might receive another shipment.

Agreed.

Specials at both Aldi and Lidl appear to run on a 6 or 12 monthly cycle - although there's no guarantee that an item will ever appear again.

I don't want to be a Jonah BUT why risk your lovely Concertina for a couple of quid saved on a cheapo screwdriver set . Buy a Wera for about £4 and your screwdriver problems will be solved. They do run promotions on a 6 or 12 month cycle we have done a few over the years, they buy big and when they are gone they are gone until the next time

Buy a Wera for about £4 and your screwdriver problems will be solved.

I was about to say "What's a Wera", but googled it. Not a brand name I have ever come across before. But ,judging by the number of different tools they produce I am tempted to say "A Wera what?" They seem to do a fair few different screwdrivers, never mind the other tools.