Squeezing In Quebec

Hi Jim,

Not sure exactly when you'll be here but we may miss each other - I'll be in the UK from the 17th Dec to Jan 3rd. I usually play in two sessions here in Montreal. O'Regans pub on Bishop St just south of Ste Catherine on Wednesday's from 8 - 11ish. Mostly beginners of all instruments, quite informal and very friendly. I think the Wed between Christmas and New Year is very quiet. Claddagh Pub, on Bishop just North of Ste Catherine (3-6) and McKibbins Pub, on Crescent (7 - 10) on Sundays. More wide ranging music, Irish, middle eastern, songs, Van Morrison etc. I believe they also play at McKibbins on Sat from 6 - 9. Sat also has Hurley's Irish Pub on Crescent from 3 - 6 I believe. More experienced players, ITM, fast reels and the more well known of the Montreal Irish Music scene (players such as Jean Duval).

There are lots of other places but I don't know them all (yet)!

Jim,

If you're kinda in the more advanced player side, I sometimes run a session on wednesday nights here in Montreal, doesnt happen all the time, but can make it happen if you're interested. If you're more like beginner then I really suggest O'Regan's, the folks there are great, fun, and very welcoming. It can get a little busy, so be warned! :-)

There's a session at Utopik pub/cafe on monday nights (in Montreal) which can be very good or very bad, based on what you like.

Thanks. I'll be in Montreal on Weds, Dec. 15, and part of Thursday.

Don't know about the Irish session. I consider myself on the advanced side of intermediate, but I'm not an Irish player, so the advanced Irish session might not work.

Hi Jim,

By coincidence, Jerry, the owner of O'Regans, is having a small christmas party for the musicians on the 15th. It's not a closed affair, very informal and you're more than welcome to come along. Were not strictly traditional ITM - maybe we could give Chocolate Rabbit a go and if I put my thinking cap on I might be able to learn Limey Pete by then :D

Look forward to meeting up again.

>traditional ITM - maybe we could give Chocolate Rabbit a go and if

> I put my thinking cap on I might be able to learn Limey Pete by then

Cool. Guess I'll bring my concertina. And I have Limey nailed; played it at a big event recently to an audience that seemed to like it a lot (hear that, Alan?)

>By coincidence, Jerry, the owner of O'Regans, is having a small

> christmas party for the musicians on the 15th

So where's O'Regan's, and what time do the festivities start? Better recalibrate my packing so I can bring a box! See you Weds., if I don't get too lost.

Jim,

I believe things will start around 8-00pm. O'Regan's Pub is 1224 Bishop Street, Montreal, Quebec H3G 2E3. Just South of Ste Catherine's Street. About 8 blocks West of the main gates of McGill University in the heart of downtown Montreal. I've included a Maporama link below if that helps. Do you have a place to stay? If not, I can see what I can do for you.

O'Regans Pub on Maporama

[edited since my link to mapquest didn't work :angry: ]

Edited by lildogturpy