Concertina Earrings

Mike, what is the layout of your 18-key?

I have a Stagi Mini EC, bought from a c.net member. It goes from middle C (so no low G, A, B as on the standard treble) up to the 2nd B above middle C, just short of two octaves. It's the standard EC layout except it's only 3 rows, and there's no G# or Eb. There's a Bb and F# on the left side, and an F# and a C# on the right. In other words, 14 naturals and 3 sharps and 1 flat. There are tunes I can't play on it, but I imagine a better player would find work arounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I made these Concertina-shaped earrings for my nieces' Christmas presents:

attachicon.gifearrings1.JPG

attachicon.gifearrings2.JPG

http://www.holdenconcertinas.com/?p=217

I whipped this up to brave our sub zero(F) weather this week in the mountains of Pennsylvania.

Would go nicely with the concertina earrings!

PM me if you want the pattern

post-11086-0-69117900-1420976290_thumb.jpg

post-11086-0-51717300-1420976331_thumb.jpg

post-11086-0-61831800-1420976382_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daria

I whipped this up to brave our sub zero(F) weather this week in the mountains of Pennsylvania.

Would go nicely with the concertina earrings!

PM me if you want the pattern

Hi Daria, the picture didn't come through. I'm guessing it's either a wooly hat or a scarf... :)

I whipped this up to brave our sub zero(F) weather this week in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Would go nicely with the concertina earrings! PM me if you want the pattern

Hi Daria, the picture didn't come through. I'm guessing it's either a wooly hat or a scarf... :)

Sorry Alex

I reposted it under its own thread -see concertina hat. I will send you pattern in next day or so. Did you make the earrings using a laser printer? What metal did you use?

I printed the templates on an inkjet printer and then cut them out by hand using a jeweller's piercing saw with a very fine blade. They are sterling silver (925). I'm working on another two pairs at the moment.

Unfortunately I never could get the hang of hand knitting!