40B Anglo Bastari (Metal End) On Ebay Usa Ends 10Dec

MatthewVanitas

Posting here since as I understand it 40b Anglos are hard to come by, even in a hybrid. Plus metal ends are cool. EDIT: It's a G/D as well. And no, not my auction, just one I thought was interesting.

As of now, just over 4 days left, zero bids at $99, so everyone's biding their time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bastari-40-Button-Anglo-Concertina-Metal-Buttons-/291314929478?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d3b90f46

2h67z42.png

Edited by MatthewVanitas

Had one of those in C/G about 20 years ago - quite possibly the worst instrument I have ever owned.

Was yours a 40-button too? I've played a number of 30-button Bastari/Stagi concertinas that were decent starter instruments, but I haven't played a 40-button.

Yes, it was a 40-button with metal ends, like the one listed above. I have played a few wooden-ended Bastari/Stagi models and they were definitely superior to the metal end in every way. The model I owned allowed the buttons to pivot far more than the wooden ended types and it was hard to get through a tune without at least one stuck button. Absolutely the worst action of any instrument I have ever played.

Yes, it was a 40-button with metal ends, like the one listed above. I have played a few wooden-ended Bastari/Stagi models and they were definitely superior to the metal end in every way. The model I owned allowed the buttons to pivot far more than the wooden ended types and it was hard to get through a tune without at least one stuck button. Absolutely the worst action of any instrument I have ever played.

Thanks. There are a number of different Bastari/Stagi models. Most of the ones I've played (including one that was my only concertina for several years in the early 1980s) were the metal-ended model pictured below, and they weren't bad. I think there might be a particular problem with the 40-button design, or perhaps with the newer metal-ended ones in general. The model pictured below has been around for at least 35 years.

30w15.jpg

Edited by Daniel Hersh