My Tablature-type Chord Dictionary

bellowbelle

I've been struggling to commit to memory certain chords that I've figured out for a jazzy song I'm practicing (okay, I'll tell you....it's 'Get Happy,' to be more specific!).

I discovered that my photo-editor lets me do some interesting things with some 'charts' that I'd already created, and that I can make a tablature-type system for chords, thus create a chord dictionary for myself!

So, I share with you:

Wendy's English Concertina Chord Dictionary

I don't want to baffle or confuse anyone, and I'll say now that my 'dictionary' is NOT meant for someone who's never done a thing with chords, and also that it IS basically just my personal resource -- I'd never expect it to win any award from a theorist or publicist!

But...with a bit of preliminary study, it does all make sense and is logical....of course, I will edit and/or explain as is necessary.

It's very easy for me to diagram any new chord I want to show -- that's what I think is so cool. Then I can print them out, 2 per page, so I have them in my notebook.

You can save and print any of the images, just right-click and save to your computer.

I tried Wendys chord diagrams but came up against a brick wall. ;-?

Can we have one for anglo please?

That reminds me, 'brick wall' is what the graph pattern was called. I used a shareware program: http://perso.easynet.fr/~philimar/graphpapeng.htm

Hmm, sorry, geoff... I do hope that someone can come up with some tab for anglo, or whatever. Won't be me...I'm busy enough with my English!

BTW, some of the chords as I've figured them may work well in the particular song that I'm working on, but, may not be the best layout of the chord for other songs.

Well, anyway, I really like having visual reminders of how I've played a chord, when I start getting into color chords with all the 6's and 9's and whatever!

Hmm, sorry, geoff...  I do hope that someone can come up with some tab for anglo, or whatever.  Won't be me...I'm busy enough with my English!

As a result of this remark, I did some googling and found stuff as is shown below:

wp-c.gif

wd-c.gif

wp-g.gif

wd-g.gif

wp-d.gif

wd-d.gif

etc. etc.

You can find more by starting with this page.

The rest of the site looks promising but unfortunately it is "under construction" and the last update is more than 3 years old :( :(

Hmm, sorry, geoff...  I do hope that someone can come up with some tab for anglo, or whatever.  Won't be me...I'm busy enough with my English!
As a result of this remark, I did some googling and found...

Somebody else had a more extensive set of chord diagrams for the anglo. They've been referenced here in the past. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do the search right now.

As I recall, those diagrams included not only major and minor, but seventh and sixth chords. Still none of the more complex chords that Wendy has diagrammed, though.

Somebody else had a more extensive set of chord diagrams for the anglo. They've been referenced here in the past. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do the search right now.

As I recall, those diagrams included not only major and minor, but seventh and sixth chords. Still none of the more complex chords that Wendy has diagrammed, though.

To be found on my page at www.hgmitchell.co.uk

Click on the "Concertina" button then follow the link to Anglo Chords. I did the clickable diagrams as an update to John Kirkpatrick's article on Anglo Chords in Free Reed. All his writings now appear on his page at JK

This gives you the context. If you want to go straight there click Chords

Howard Mitchell

• 3 weeks later...

Well, though my chord dictionary may seem a bit crazy, I just today made up (and reworked a few times) some worksheets for mapping out chords (for the English concertina).

Chords, or whatever, that is. This is for a 37-button system like the Morse Albion that I play. ( Edited here: I don't know much about the 48-button or other systems!)

Anyway, here's the URLs for the 2 printable sheets:

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL499/27897...49/76455287.jpg

and

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL499/27897...49/76455283.jpg

Edit again....well, now my printed copies of my 'worksheet 2' are a bit fuzzy, though I got clear copies at first. It's not my printer, I think it's the upload to the photo site. Sigh... Anyway, it's not all TOO fuzzy, just a bit. I'll have to figure it out later, I'm tired now!

Edited by bellowbelle

And one more note. (I don't want to edit AGAIN in my previous post.)

The pics you get when you click on the links are not as big as what I saved/printed. You can get larger sizes if you go to the photo site and then to the chord dictionary album, instead of using the links I posted.

Gee, sorry this turned out to kinda be a bother!

:blink:

• 1 month later...

I've just changed and updated my chord album (and, it's done, because I don't want to bother with it anymore!).

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...549&uid=2789755

I removed several chords, since I don't really want to make a systematic dictionary, at least not for online.

And, since my scanner persists is looking messy, I took photos.

I realize that my chord dictionary will seem...strange or confusing to some, but...really, I tried to make it as clear as I could, all things considered.

Anyway...just mentioning.