Two Big Bad Boys Got Together In Limavady, Last Weekend!

I was lucky enough to meet up with Alan Jones from Scotland, last weekend in Limavady, Co. Derry.

He was over playing as a guest, with his band Haggerdash, at the Roe Valley Folk Festival.

Anyway, on the 2nd day I took over my 1923 62 key Wheatstone Aeola Baritone / Treble English Concertina & I got a rare chance to play it alongside that of Alan Jones, who plays a 64 key instrument.

It was lovely to see these two beauties side by side. ... See photos below.

Cheers,

Dick

post-2037-0-57695800-1414426707_thumb.jpg

post-2037-0-37015700-1414426737_thumb.jpg

post-2037-0-80667900-1414426767_thumb.jpg

Way cool Dick.

Any chance of vids or audio from your duet?

Inquiring ears want to know.

Sorry maki, I'd only just met Alan & didn't want to be rude by suggesting I record us, or him, playing.

However, I will make a point of recording us playing something together on them, when he's over next year.

Cheers,

Dick

Alan is a tutor at Glasgow Fiddle Workshop, and I attended his classes. for a while a few years back. He was always complimentary of my tea making skills. Alan actually got me into playing the English Concertina and I still enjoy playing it to this day.

From the photographs it appears that you were having a lot of fun. The two concertinas together look amazing. It's a pity they are so difficult to get hold of at affordble prices.

My wife and I are thinking of jumping on the ferry to Ireland again next year and we're thinking of Co. Clare. Any suggestions for sessions would be greatly appreciated.