F#m ?

maki

Does anyone know what notes are in this chord?

Thanks!!

F#, A, and C#

or Gb-A-Db

Randy, considering what was asked, I'm not sure it's a good idea to confuse maki with enharmonic substitutions... at least not without explaining enharmonic equivalence.

Besides, in the key of G-flat, shouldn't the minor third formally be B-double flat, rather than A? B)

Thanks!!

Perhaps it would be good to try to get your head around how chords are built. It's pretty simple really, all to do with scales and intervals, and once you figure it out it opens lots of playing options. Here's a site that should help.http://www.howmusicworks.org/304/Chords-and-Harmony/Building-Chords

Thanks!!

Perhaps it would be good to try to get your head around how chords are built. It's pretty simple really, all to do with scales and intervals, and once you figure it out it opens lots of playing options. Here's a site that should help.http://www.howmusicworks.org/304/Chords-and-Harmony/Building-Chords

Thanks for the link.

Im slowly getting chord theory.

Randy, considering what was asked, I'm not sure it's a good idea to confuse maki with enharmonic substitutions... at least not without explaining enharmonic equivalence.

Besides, in the key of G-flat, shouldn't the minor third formally be B-double flat, rather than A? B)

Yes, quite so! We have often been at loggerheads in the past Jim but here you are spot on. If maki's knowledge of musical theory is sketchy enough to ask for the notes that make up the basic triad of a minor chord then pointing out that the notes involved might be otherwise named and still sound the same in another key just muddies the waters. Introducing notes which are in fact double sharps or double flats and why it is correct to name them so starts to make things even more incomprehensible to a novice. Little by little we learn. :)

I wrote a little programm years ago, in Excel sheet. It shows you the chords composition and how to play them on an anglo concertina 30 keys.

Maybe this can help ?

I tried to upload the file but apparently .xlsx files are not accepted by the forum... Is there another way to give you this file ?

I wrote a little programm years ago, in Excel sheet. It shows you the chords composition and how to play them on an anglo concertina 30 keys.

Maybe this can help ?

I tried to upload the file but apparently .xlsx files are not accepted by the forum... Is there another way to give you this file ?

open the file in excel as normal. Then, use the save as function. Leave the file name unchanged, but in the drop down menu for file type you will find PDF.

That format should be accessible. It will be a fixed image which users cannot edit, but they will have it in a common format.

Maybe this can help ?

open the file in excel as normal. Then, use the save as function. Leave the file name unchanged, but in the drop down menu for file type you will find PDF.

That format should be accessible. It will be a fixed image which users cannot edit, but they will have it in a common format.

Or post it somewhere else (a free dropbox account, for instance) and post a link here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

here is the link to the automated excel file. This will help you to see the constitution of any chords (most of them..) and to see how to play it on a 30 keys Anglo Concertina.

You also can configre your own keyboard by replacing the letter in each button.

Hope this will help some of you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvwicb8bkyte39h/ConcertChordsEn.xlsx?dl=0

Djack