Concertina Player Sought, Concord, Mass.

Ken_Coles

A mutual friend from the community band I played in the one great year I lived in Massachusetts years back put me in touch with a community theater group that is seeking a concertina player to play for and in a production. I'll append the message; shoot me a PM for the email contact. If I weren't so far away I would do this myself. Sounds like it is the music some of you love to play!

Ken

=====

Hi Ken,

I’m directing The Matchmaker by Thornton Wilder for the Concord Players. (Hello Dolly is based on this play.) I’m looking for a concertina player (and a violinist) to play during different parts of the show. Performance dates are the first three weekends in November and there would be rehearsals the last week of October.

The play is set in 1880 so it would be music from that time (East Side, West Side, etc.) Maybe some Gilbert & Sullivan – popular music. The player would play (and be in) in one scene, play at the opening of the show, between the other three scenes, and a couple of times during the show offstage.

If you can recommend someone who would like to do this, or if I can provide more information, please let me know.

Thank you.

Mary Fitzpatrick
781-316-0111

• 2 weeks later...

Not up for it myself, but maybe Tom Kruskal would either be available or know someone who was (assuming she hasn't already tried him)? I don't have contact information for him, but of course others on the forum do.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not aware that we've found anyone for this play after following the suggested leads, so I'm going to let Ms. Fitzpatrick know that. But if you happen to be interested do get in touch with her.

Ken