Nesi... Who Is Coming?

I'm planing to attend. Who else? Greg says he'll be there. Jim? Dave? Monica? Michelle? Stephanie? Do tell!

Not this Jim, unfortunately. Even if I could afford the time and money to come from Scandinavia (some day, I hope), the NESI web site now says that they're fully booked. :o

. . . because we have reached our maximum number of participants, we cannot accept any more registrations, including those that would not involve meals or housing.

But it's clear that lots of folks will be there, and that must include plenty of Concertina.netters. :)

Not I (despite being so close-by). I've got a shape-note/morris/contra wedding festival to attend the weekend before, and a Swedish slangpolska workshop/dance/potluck to co-host the weekend after. Busy life!

If any of you want to squeeze in (see what I did there?) a visit to the Button Box on your way to or from NESI, I'll be in the workshop Friday and Monday surrounding that weekend. Come say hi!

Will

Edited by wayman

I am small potatos, compared to my august and talented cnet inspirations, but I'll be there, celebrating my "two years crazy" with Anglo, and my six months with Hayden. Last year, I didn't know what a duet was (save for Nelson Eddy and Jeanette Mc??) and now I need to jam every day. I am hoping someone will offer Hayden workshops? Ken? Dr. Sleep? Buehler?

Anyway, the excitement is almost overwhelming. What a great weekend impends.

Regards,

David

Pondered attending, but my move overseas is this coming week. Also was a bit hesitant since at 34 I'd imagine I'm in at least the youngest quintile of attendees, so might feel a bit out of place. And/not not sure the more conservative ends of the folk scenes enjoy war vets with visible piercings or tattoos, regardless of musicality.

If I'm back in the US next year I hope to make it. I've been really surprised and pleased by the people who've taken my Afghan clip as inspiration to get an Elise. I feel remiss I didn't get any Beaumont clips done before leaving the country. I'll just have to shoot some cool Crane clips in Bogota.

Edited by MatthewVanitas

This will be my first one; about a 5 hour drive from central PA. I've been playing for less than a year and hope to pick up some pointers on fingering for the English concertina. Also looking forward to Greg Jowaisas talk on evaluating and repairing concertinas.

I'm planing to attend. Who else? Greg says he'll be there. Jim? Dave? Monica? Michelle? Stephanie? Do tell!

Sorry, I was away at the Toronto Ale and didn't see this.

But yes, I will be there. Planning on doing a session in which we'll play all the c.net Tunes of the Month; hope some will attend! (I'll bring dots for those that like that sort of thing).

Pondered attending, but my move overseas is this coming week. Also was a bit hesitant since at 34 I'd imagine I'm in at least the youngest quintile of attendees, so might feel a bit out of place. And/not not sure the more conservative ends of the folk scenes enjoy war vets with visible piercings or tattoos, regardless of musicality.

Not to worry. The NESI crowd is diverse and tolerant. They tolerate me, after all.