World War I - Concertina Photo

gcoover

Don't know if this has been posted before or not, but I was clicking around on the internet today and ran across this photo in an online gallery at www.mademan.com with the stupid title of "30 Obscure WWI Photos That Will Blow Your Mind". Rather ridiculous hyperbole, since most of the photos were hardly that earth-shattering. However, they do get credit for posting this one with a very nice metal-ended Anglo.

Gary

Don't know if this has been posted before or not, but I was clicking around on the internet today and ran across this photo in an online gallery at www.mademan.com with the stupid title of "30 Obscure WWI Photos That Will Blow Your Mind". Rather ridiculous hyperbole, since most of the photos were hardly that earth-shattering. However, they do get credit for posting this one with a very nice metal-ended Anglo.

I have that photo in a book about WWI.

Copyright infringement, perhaps?

Gary

Hi Gary, Thanks for reprising that great photo. It was published years ago in one of the concertina magazines . . . but haven't you guys also seen the film footage? Click on the link, play the video (evidently no charge to stream), and watch especially from 00:26. Too bad it's silent.

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675041811_Armistice-Day_United-States-flags_huge-crowd_musical-instruments

PG

Edited by Paul Groff

• 2 weeks later...