Concertina Cruinniú 2015

With the Willie Clancy Week just over the program for the 2015 Cruinniú has been published.

February 14th - 16th, 2015
in Miltown Malbay, Co. Clare
CLASSES for all grades, including new Master Class with Noel Hill and new Adult Beginner class with Jacqueline McCarthy.

TUTORS include Noel Hill, Mary MacNamara, Cormac Begley, Edel Fox, Jacqueline McCarthy, Jack Talty and others to be announced,

Concertina maintenance workshop by
Stephen Chambers.

Three top-class concerts with Noel Hill & Tony Linnane, John & Pip Murphy, Tommy Keane & Jacqueline McCarthy,
Claire & Breda Keville, Patsy Lewis, Charlie Piggott,
Jack Talty and Cormac Begley.

LECTURES on concertina player Katherine Mullally (1907-94) by Mary Nugent, MA and on An Dá Thrá : dual Pipes and Concertina players by Dr Michelle Mulcahy.

Conair an Chonsairtín
(Concertina Trail) organised free concertina sessions in pubs each night.

Full details pdf download

Edited by Peter Laban

Wow, does Michelle Mulcahy have a doctorate in something or is that a misprint? We saw the Mulcahy family during a private concert during a 2000 Ireland tour arranged by Mic Moloney and she was just in her teens then. My how time does pass.

Ross Schlabach

With the Willie Clancy Week just over the program for the 2015 Cruinniú has been published.

Concertina maintenance workshop by

Stephen Chambers.

:lol: Am I? Oh, OK!

It's a bit like the concerts during Willie Clancy Week - you only know you're supposed to be doing it when you see your name on the poster/programme... :rolleyes:

Interesting that the concertina pictured on the PDF appears to be a Stagi English...

Schhhh Jim, don't tell 'em - we're trying to infiltrate! ;)

It's a bit like the concerts during Willie Clancy Week - you only know you're supposed to be doing it when you see your name on the poster/programme...

Not so sure about that Steve, for most instruments the names on the list bear no relation to the ones that actually turn up. I have also done some of these concerts (both the big ones in the hall and the lunchtime half hour ones) on five minutes notice. Pretty much the 'we need someone, you will do' approach to filling the bill.

It's a bit like the concerts during Willie Clancy Week - you only know you're supposed to be doing it when you see your name on the poster/programme...

Not so sure about that Steve, for most instruments the names on the list bear no relation to the ones that actually turn up. I have also done some of these concerts (both the big ones in the hall and the lunchtime half hour ones) on five minutes notice.

Well that's what people whose names are on the posters have told me Peter, going way back - they weren't even asked, it was just taken for granted that they'd turn up and play. But it also explains the last-minute looking for substitutes that you describe, when they don't (or didn't even know they were supposed to in the first place)...

Still, from the organisers point of view, there's no lack of musical talent around the place, to put on a good concert/recital!

Pretty much the 'we need someone, you will do' approach to filling the bill.

Is that all I mean to 'em... de0ab16e-2d10-4183-925a-45f276a7191c.jpg

Edited by Stephen Chambers

Not so sure about that Steve, for most instruments the names on the list bear no relation to the ones that actually turn up. I have also done some of these concerts (both the big ones in the hall and the lunchtime half hour ones) on five minutes notice.

Well that's what people whose names are on the posters have told me Peter, going way back - they weren't even asked, it was just taken for granted that they'd turn up and play. But it also explains the last-minute looking for substitutes that you describe, when they don't (or didn't even know they were supposed to in the first place)...

Still, from the organisers point of view, there's no lack of musical talent around the place, to put on a good concert/recital!

As I got it this would be the case if you were just requested in the last minute (which you apparently won't be) ... B)

As I got it this would be the case if you were just requested in the last minute (which you apparently won't be) ... B)

Nope. Sounds as if he won't be requested at all... just expected to show up. :o