What Fabric To Line A New Case?

Since CrP was having trouble posting photos of his custom-made basketry concertina case, he sent me copies so I could post them. I have to say, I've never seen a concertina case like this one before!

post-11236-0-77087100-1404706715_thumb.jpg

(Click thumbnail to see full-size image.)

post-11236-0-08257100-1404706717_thumb.jpg

(Click thumbnail to see full-size image.)

Since CrP was having trouble posting photos of his custom-made basketry concertina case, he sent me copies so I could post them. I have to say, I've never seen a concertina case like this one before!

Maybe because folks are worried that they'll get a reputation for hanging around with a basket case? B)

Seriously though, it looks pretty cool, although I think it could benefit from internal blocking to keep the bellows closed.

Thank you Mark for posting to the C.net for me. If I may say, I think the case worked out well, the hesitation being that it's a bit less protective than, say, a hardshell case. It's lightweight, for sure. The bottom piece (you can see part of it, covered in light-blue ultrasuede) in the lower (2nd) of the 2 photos, is fairly stiff foam, cut to fit the Jones anglo that lives inside the basket -- a tight enough fit that it holds the bellows closed, with the basket top pressing lightly down on the concertina to hold it in place, kept tight by the two leather straps.

In terms of reproducibility, well, it's a one-of-a-kind and would be fairly impractical to copy unless one were very (just for instance) obsessively focused on doing all the fitments by hand and taking hours to get them just right.