Washington Folk Festival May 31- June 1

This is a great 2 day festival just outside Washington, DC at Glen Echo Park, and there will be plenty of concertina action.

At 5:30 Saturday, The Squeezers - C.netter Randy Stein, melodeonist Gus Voorhees and yours truly - will be performing an eclectic mix of English and Irish trad, French, jazz standards, English music hall songs and more.

At 12 noon on Sunday, Shenandoah Run, a fine contemporary folk band featuring English concertina player and c.netter Johanna will be on stage.

Also at noon and 2:30 - 3:30, I'll be roaming the grounds with the Foggy Bottom Morris Men and the Arlington Northwest Morris Women, bringing lively Morris dancing to the masses. At 1 I'll be playing for a learn-to-Morris-dance workshop that will get even two-left-footed klutzes doing these fun dances.

At 5 my band Frog Hammer will be playing for a contra dance in the historic Spanish Ballroom. Here's a taste of what we sound like.

This is a wonderful festival with seven stages, great ambiance and music to suit every taste . And it's free.

Here's a link for more information about the festival.