Horniman Museum

Maybe they should open a branch in Clare, transfer all of the concertinas there and appoint Stephen as the curator...

Thanks Don, I'd be very happy to take on the role,

In fact I've already put on exhibitions of early concertinas, from my own (much more interesting) collection at Oidhreacht an Chláir in Miltown Malbay - this was for the first Concertina Cruinniú in 2013:

001.jpg

And there is now a nascent concertina museum starting to form at my shop:

003-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

But there's a great deal more I could do if I only had the time and the money... :(

Edited by Stephen Chambers

In fact I've already put on exhibitions of early concertinas...

Wow, Stephen....that exhibit easily bests that of the Horniman!

Thanks Dan! :)

Well they don't have the three oldest-known concertinas for a start, and you don't need to bring a torch either... :rolleyes:

I've just been down to the OaC to take a picture of this year's Concertina Cruinniú exhibition, which is still on display there at the moment:

003-4.jpg

There''s a huge accordion/concertina museum in, of all things Superior Wisconsin (sister city to Duluth Minnesota). I'll try to get up there for a visit and get some photos, but don't hold your breath. Interestingly enough I played a 50th wedding anniversary party in the same space years ago...

Err...that's USA of course.

Edited by cboody

There''s a huge accordion/concertina museum in, of all things Superior Wisconsin (sister city to Duluth Minnesota). I'll try to get up there for a visit and get some photos, but don't hold your breath.

That'd be A World of Accordions Museum

But don't hold your breath if you're hoping for a reply to an email off them, because I've been waiting nearly ten years... :rolleyes:

There''s a huge accordion/concertina museum in, of all things Superior Wisconsin (sister city to Duluth Minnesota). I'll try to get up there for a visit and get some photos, but don't hold your breath.

That'd be A World of Accordions Museum

But don't hold your breath if you're hoping for a reply to an email off them, because I've been waiting nearly ten years... :rolleyes:

Well, it is actually run by one person almost entirely, and I don't believe she is very tech savvy. I also expect that she's a bit overwhelmed. Not to excuse the rudeness, but perhaps to help explain it.