Gluing Fabric Without Staining..i.e. Inside A Case

Hello

I need to water proof a fabric so when I glue it to a surface the glue will not penetrate and discolor and alter the fabric. I imagine this is done when installing the lining of a concertina case, I am not making a case, but I thought someone here might have a hint on a product or method to do this.

I thought maybe some sort of suede waterproofing product?

Thanks,

Richard

Edited by richard

No, I still have it! To abbreviate a long story, I had some pretty hefty hospital bills that had to be covered and had decided to sell my Jeffries to cover them (I anticipate more expenses, and didn't want them to stack up too much). I had already sent the Jeffries up to the Button Box when I learned that my in-laws had heard what I was doing and had generously covered my expenses. Having been contemplating switching to English for some years, and being too ill and too far away to continue playing for Morris, I decided to trade the Jeffries for the Wheatstone 17.

So in the end, I was only an ex- for about 10 days but can't change my username for another couple of weeks...

Good to have asked, since this is (apart from illness and hospitals, of course) a quite enjoyable story - all the more from my angle as a committed EC player.

I wish you all the best both in terms of healthiness and playing your lovely new instrument - and with your car of course too... B) Wolf

Hello

I need to water proof a fabric so when I glue it to a surface the glue will not penetrate and discolor and alter the fabric. I imagine this is done when installing the lining of a concertina case, I am not making a case, but I thought someone here might have a hint on a product or method to do this.

I thought maybe some sort of suede waterproofing product?

Thanks,

Richard

I find hot hide glue works fine for gluing velvet inside cases. I'd do a test piece first and if the glue tends to seep through the fabric, just make it a bit thicker, or let it 'gel' a bit on the case before attaching the fabric. The great thing is that you can move it around to reposition or take it off if you get it wrong first time.

Adrian

Edited by aybee