Game Of Thrones

Icelandic experimental rock band Sigur Ros are making an appearance in the forthcoming episode of Game Of Thrones. In the photo, one of them is playing anglo ...

https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/455525009910288385

[edit to get link right]

Edited by Steve Mansfield

I didn't knew this was Sigur Ros.

@Wolf: about one verse, and probably all hearable music comes from some sort of harmonium. But obviously the producers thought that the concertina is such an exotic instrument, that it can be included in such a fantasy setting.

On the plus side, no one gets killed with this concertina, which is a great succes in this TV series :D

My first thought was "a concertina is an anachronism in a medieval setting!"

Which was immediately followed by "Oh wait, Game of Thrones is actually quasi-medieval high fantasy and they can do whatever the heck they want." :-)

In my earlier life I had a musical acrobatic clown act, Bello & Stein. My partner, Joey Bello, an amazing mandolin player who studied with Jethro Burns. Our agent sent us to an audition for a Renaissance Fair Circut. The producers of the fair were pretty much as#!oles and not very receptive to us.

A young woman behind the table said to me, "is the concertina a medieval musical instrument'?" I told her no but it was an unusual instrument.

She said that "we only hiree authentic Renaissance musicians"

Joey, without missing a beat, says "wow, they must be really old"

we did not get the gig.

rss

Edited by Randy Stein

The producers of the fair were pretty much as#!oles and not very receptive to us.

That sounds like the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire (in Mount Hope, north of Lancaster) - if so, you didn't miss much. Greed, dishonesty, and incompetence don't even begin to describe the management of that operation in the 1980's.

Greed, dishonesty, and incompetence . . .

Someone should make good use of this. Tee-shirt design? Band name? I'm must find a use for this combination!

Show of Hands has the song "Arrogance, Ignorance and Greed" - which is pretty close.

• 1 month later...