Montreal Tunebook

I am getting an error when I try to go to this website via my desktop link. And when I try a Google search it also comes up dry. Certainly my little ol' laptop has become more hinky in the past months--so, could someone be kind enough to post a web address so I can get back to Montreal Tunebook?? thanks you guys!

I have not come across this before. For now, I have only had time to look at the index of tunes. It is an amazingly large collection.

Congratulations to all those involved in assembling it.

I have bookmarked the page for reference.

Regards,

John Wild

Edited by John Wild

Wow, that is impressive!

The real-time WYSIWYG ABC editor on there is pretty slick too.

Editor is curtesy of abcjs - pretty slick javascript implementation of abc indeed. Let me know any suggestions to make the editor better

The Montreal Tunebook's ABC Editor has had problems over the last few months and it's nice to see that it is once again stable as it's my favourite online ABC tool. I didn't realise that lildogturpy was Robin Beech, our host and benefactor at the Montreal Tunebook and I am mightily pleased to discover that the author and owner of one of my favourite websites is a fellow English concertina player! Welcome to the forum Robin!

The Montreal Tunebook's ABC Editor has had problems over the last few months and it's nice to see that it is once again stable as it's my favourite online ABC tool. I didn't realise that lildogturpy was Robin Beech, our host and benefactor at the Montreal Tunebook and I am mightily pleased to discover that the author and owner of one of my favourite websites is a fellow English concertina player! Welcome to the forum Robin!

The server that hosts the Montreal Tunebook (for free - thanks Gord Fisch!) ran a security audit that really didn't like me using the unix abcm2ps behind the scenes. I rewrote the site to offload that part to a different computer that doesn't complain. Seems to be running smoothly at the moment. At least, I haven't had any complaints, either from people using the site or from Gord :-) The abcjs java rendering engine is really quite impressive. Very easy to use despite almost no documentation that I could find. The only problem I found so far with it is if you annotate notes A3A as A>A in the editor, the greater than sign confuses it.