Wtb: 35B Crane, 39B Maccann Or Similar Duet Concertina

MatthewVanitas

I kind of want one of the little Cranes, so that I can have a vintage Duet without spending too much money, and I'm totally fine with its limited capabilities since I do folk stuff vice fancier classical, so I'm accustomed to limited range.

I wouldn't be totally opposed to a 42b Crane or 39b Maccann if someone has one handy, either a basic inexpensive one, or if you have a really good quality one but at a decent price due to being the smaller size. Thanks!

UPDATE: To quote the famous Duet Concertinas: Choosing a System:

A 39-key Maccann or 35-key Crane is seriously limiting, and they are likely to be frustrating learning instruments; they could be of more interest to experienced musicians who want to play a small instrument and delight in coping with its limitations.

I figure I'm experienced enough, and I do tend to delight in things...

Edited by MatthewVanitas

RE Maccanns--you might check the Hobgoblin uk "secondhand instruments" listings, under "english and duet"....there are a slew of maccanns there in all sizes, some seemed reasonably priced...

RE small Crane---i would be money that chris algar has more than one....probly also the case with small maccanns...

it is the bigger duets that are both scarcer and pricier...

Edited by ceemonster

RE small Crane---i would be money that chris halgar has more than one....probly also the case with small maccanns...

I asked him to keep an eye out for a month back or so, though he had none currently. Apparently they're models he doesn't tend to deal in as much due to low demand; I know we have members here who own Barleycorn 35/39k Duets, but at least some of those are because Algar got them parceled in larger trades and had them sitting about. If he finds one for me, great, but I thought I'd glance around here until such point.

• 1 month later...