Sign in to follow this  
Ed Stander

What Was I Thinking?

I purchased this instrument on a certain auction site some time ago. I don't know why i purchased it - I don't play anglo concertina. Despite this, I sent it out to Wim Wakker for repairs - who did an excellent job cleaning, polishing, repairing, and tuning it.

Despite the fact that I really don't play anglo concertina, this turned out to be a fun purchase. It is a piccolo (or soprano, if you prefer) aeola of recent vintage (s/n 54846) and plays in D/A 1 octave higher than a normal instrument - it really stands out in a crowd. 40 buttons + air. Purchase and repairs together cost me $2500.00, which is what I would like for the instrument (+ shipping). The reeds are steel with aluminum frames for the low notes, and steel with brass frames for the highs. Overall - it sounds like a metal ended instrument, despite having beautifully cut wood ends.

Should you have any questions, let me know, and I'll do my best to answer. Best - Ed

post-401-0-76399600-1393095171_thumb.jpg

post-401-0-30618500-1393095184_thumb.jpg

post-401-0-11760500-1393095208_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ed Stander

I don't know why i purchased it - I don't play anglo concertina.

By now, everyone on concertina.net knows why you purchased it, Ed. To annoy your wife.

This instrument is the Hiroshima of the canine and feline population!

Very entertaining at least, Ed! :D

I might choose to buy it just to annoy the cat who is dumping on me all the time..., but my wife prefers buying a dog which would bother her to some greater extent I'd guess....

Edited by blue eyed sailor

No interest? It actually does sound really nice, and is very reasonably priced...

I'll even cover shipping, provided its not too much.

Best - Ed