Ninth Charles Wheatstone Memorial Mornington Crescent Game

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate all this standing around in a line, waiting to take your turn, so I'm going to Kew (Gardens) ;-)

There seems to be a lack of action in this game. Are people stuck? :huh:

I'll try to open things up by playing a North Circular gambit.

I'll play

Wood Green

to open up a number of possibilities on both the Northern and Circle lines.

Hmmm. A Thames Clipper move involving bridges may have implications for Edgar's Sore Point. I'll need to consult with some of my colleagues, currently at a beanfeast conference in Geneva. In the meantime, David, take tenure plus half points. Got that, Samantha?

Chris

There seems to be a lack of action in this game. Are people stuck? :huh:

I think the truth is we've outstayed our welcome. Mostly these games have been well attended with some superb play, but last year's game took ages to reach a conclusion and this one has only attracted a few players. Even Samantha has had very little to say. I think we'll play this one to its natural conclusion and then leave the forum in peace. What do you think?

Chris

So be it! My very first move after years of eager watching and studying other players (on the conservative side I'd guess) is to:

Wembley Stadium

Clearly, you have to be on the ball in this game, so I am going to head for Arsenal.

Chris

At the risk of am off-side manoever I'll play Wimbledon Park

So be it! My very first move after years of eager watching and studying other players (on the conservative side I'd guess) is to:

Wembley Stadium

Clearly, you have to be on the ball in this game, so I am going to head for Arsenal.

Chris

At the risk of am off-side manoever I'll play Wimbledon Park

I'm pleased Chris is willing to use his head but these days the boys like to keep it on the deck. Taking advantage of this handy guide ( http://www.arsenal.com/emirates-stadium/get-to...-emirates-stadium ) I think it's worth more than one visit to the best team in the world, so I'll play Finsbury Park