Isped Transporter / Scam Or Not?

Marien

Dear all,

Someone is offering me a wheatstone concertina for an attractive price, but has suddenly been moving to another place 1000 miles from here. Now this seller is suggesting to use a transporter that operates as cash mediator, buyer pays and on their site Isped guarantees that after delivering the package, the money will be refunded to the buyer within 5 days, if the buyer is not satisfied they will return and pick it up, and the package will be sent back.

I am smelling a scam here, does anyone here know this transporter Isped?

Thanks,

Marien

I, too, come up with nothing that matches both the name and the supposed service.

If they haven't given you the necessary information -- web site, telephone number -- for you to contact Isped yourself, I wouldn't go near it. Even with that much, a business registration number would seem to be a necessary datum.

But where is this "1000 miles from here"? If anywhere near me, I could volunteer to act as transporter. ;)

By the way, do you have a serial number for the concertina?

I, too, come up with nothing that matches both the name and the supposed service.

If they haven't given you the necessary information -- web site, telephone number -- for you to contact Isped yourself, I wouldn't go near it. Even with that much, a business registration number would seem to be a necessary datum.

But where is this "1000 miles from here"? If anywhere near me, I could volunteer to act as transporter. ;)

By the way, do you have a serial number for the concertina?

Mike, indeed, I will let it pass...

Jim,

The quoted serial is 34305, in dthe ledgers you'll find it is a 30b anglo rosewood ends, maybe linota. The seller claims to be in Teterow Germany for a couple of months. For you it would be about 300 kilometers and a nice boat trip).

I would advice not to drive there but if you want to know more details, PM me....

Marien

Hi Marien,

Well, a GOOGLE for ISPED gives this ... www.isped.u-bordeaux2.fr/ ... not much there about transport.

Soooo?? Perhaps the professors operate a delivery service in their spare time???

regards

Jake

Jake,

You are right, nothing much to find when browsing "Isped" on the internet.

This link was in my email:

http://www.lsped.com/

It is a site, but it is quite empty. The fact that no one ever heard of Isped does not give a feeling of being safe...

Marien

Edited by marien

It looks legit to me. If you could pay via Paypal you'd be fairly safe.

I bought a great flute off Ebay that gave every indication of a scam.

But I stayed with it, spoke to the seller on the phone, and believed the rep

at Ebay who guaranteed that I'd be protected.

Be brave. Carpe Diem!