A Certain Feeling Of Déjà Vu ...

Chris Timson

I'll say no more! B)

Stephen, you seem to know your share of "erratic" concertina sellers. I recall a member accused of troll-like behavior in his ad-to-sell, but who gave me a good laugh with this posting:

"It was particularly pleasing to hear from Stephen Chambers,that grand old man of the concertina, who is the greatest living expert ,having selflessly devoted most of his life to research and propagating the instrument,in all its forms,and glory. He is pushing on in years,but ,apparently ,still has all his facultys ,and can still tell the difference between an anglo and an english,within minutes of taking it in his hand."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. I see that with this post you - blue eyed sailor - have posted exactly 777 times. Gpanda has listed his concertina exactly 111 times. 777 - 111 = 666! Spoookyyy ...

Chris

Hmm, makes me feel to serve as an implement of higher evil powers... :o Shiver...

I'll say no more! B)

Stephen, you seem to know your share of "erratic" concertina sellers. I recall a member accused of troll-like behavior in his ad-to-sell, but who gave me a good laugh with this posting:

"It was particularly pleasing to hear from Stephen Chambers,that grand old man of the concertina, who is the greatest living expert ,having selflessly devoted most of his life to research and propagating the instrument,in all its forms,and glory. He is pushing on in years,but ,apparently ,still has all his facultys ,and can still tell the difference between an anglo and an english,within minutes of taking it in his hand."

Stephen,

More than my fair share, both of "erratic" sellers, players, and posters on C.net - some of whom I've known going back to the dark ages of the '70s and '80s (in real-life even, before the internet!) - and I've been known to "fire a warning shot across their bows" before now too (like I'm doing with gpanda - I'm just saying enough to tell him that I know who he is), but I'd forgotten all-about that particular incident with "zimbotut" :lol:

("Senior moment" maybe? :rolleyes: )

I'm glad to be able to say that the latter seems to have changed his ways and turned his life around these days.

Now, what's the difference between an Anglo and an English again... ? ponder2.gif

Edited by Stephen Chambers

Do you think "gpanda" ever visits here at c.net, to see how much entertainment he is supplying us with?? With the number of listings that he has done of concertinas--could he possible be as unaware of c.net as I always assume he is???

I expect he does visit us on C.net - after all, he's on another concertina forum.

Do you think "gpanda" ever visits here at c.net, to see how much entertainment he is supplying us with?? With the number of listings that he has done of concertinas--could he possible be as unaware of c.net as I always assume he is???

I expect he does visit us on C.net - after all, he's on another concertina forum.

Hmm. The Members list currently shows three names ("names") beginning with "GP". Which one? :unsure:

Hmm. The Members list currently shows three names ("names") beginning with "GP". Which one? :unsure:

Probably none of them Jim, he uses his real name on the other forum.

Sorry. I forgot to include a photo of meself with that post, showing me with tongue in cheek. ;)

Is it just a coincidence that this fellows eBay name is gpanda and ... Yogi Berra ... inspired the cartoon character Yogi Bear?!! :o

You have no idea how close you're (sort of) getting to why I think he uses that eBay ID... :lol:

(Only, it's got nothing to do with practitioners of yoga, though it does have a Tibetan Buddhist retreat centre.)

I'll say no more! B)

I had wondered if maybe it it wasn't so much "G. Panda" as "G P & A." Well, I still wonder...not the first item on my list of curiosities, though.

Is it just a coincidence that this fellows eBay name is gpanda and ... Yogi Berra ... inspired the cartoon character Yogi Bear?!! :o

You have no idea how close you're (sort of) getting to why I think he uses that eBay ID... :lol:

(Only, it's got nothing to do with practitioners of yoga, though it does have a Tibetan Buddhist retreat centre.)

I'll say no more! B)

I had wondered if maybe it it wasn't so much "G. Panda" as "G P & A." Well, I still wonder...not the first item on my list of curiosities, though.

I've been waiting for this (had come up before) - but what would you make out of "G P & A"?

Since I'm perhaps missing the point I hesitate with grounding further conspiracy theories on those letters... :unsure: