Wheatstone 2E English For Sale

Lawrence Reeves

I am selling this instrument because I can't play it. I am definitely a diatonic player, and don't want to see this sitting in my closet. I had a total restoration done by Greg Jowaisas, have priced it accordingly. This concertina is ready to play, and be appreciated. I have it on Ebay, but will pull the auction if I get commitment from a member on the forum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheatstone-English-Concertina-/271337250888?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2cf5e048

post-1778-0-18715200-1386260687_thumb.jpg

I am selling this instrument because I can't play it. I am definitely a diatonic player, and don't want to see this sitting in my closet. I had a total restoration done by Greg Jowaisas, have priced it accordingly. This concertina is ready to play, and be appreciated. I have it on Ebay, but will pull the auction if I get commitment from a member on the forum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheatstone-English-Concertina-/271337250888?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2cf5e048

The description on eBay includes, "Original steel reeds in aluminum pans." I suspect you mean "frames", not "pans". The "frame" is what holds the individual reed; the "pan" is the board that holds all the reeds (in their frames) of an end.

Larre,

You are not the only Irish Anglo player who can't get his fingers around the concept of the EC. I tried a while back and was completely befuddled. Bet many of the EC players feel the same way about the Anglo.

Happy holidays,

Ross Schlabach

i am a serious anglo player--or thought i was--who has taken to EC like a duck to water. so there you go....i had no problem picking up anglo, though it was a few years of obsessive practice to get all the directional pathways anchored enough for fluid, automatic playing. but i am loving EC because of all the choice you have as to where to switch bellows directions for phrasing. it's not optimal for literal, old-school push-pull "one-row" bisonoric style, but it will switch directions enough to be essentially indistinguishable from flowing "cross-row" bisonoric style--with the signal exception that it's me who gets to choose where and when to switch, rather than the instrument mechanism. it does the phrasing of "long-bow" fiddling or "flowing" east galway flute playing much more satisfyingly than anglo, and i'm hooked on it now...i'll never live it down the next time i show myself in clare..... :rolleyes:

but i'm in the market for a loud, bright, metal-ended, steel-in-brass EC with tenor notes, so can't jump in on this one.