Sign in to follow this  
embolt

Looking For 30-Button Anglo Concertina ~1000 Usd

I'm just starting to play and I'm looking for a 30-button Anglo concertina in the 700-1000 USD range. Would like it to be in tune, good condition, ready to play, etc. Reply if you're looking to sell.

Thanks!

Molly

Hi Molly, The Buttonbox has a Stagi for sale new for $900 and they have taken special care to set it up correctly. I think it might be your best buy in you price range. Doug BTW where in NJ do you live? I'm in Staten Island. If you need more advice shoot me an email dbarr15@aol.com

Hi Molly, The Buttonbox has a Stagi for sale new for $900 and they have taken special care to set it up correctly. I think it might be your best buy in you price range. Doug BTW where in NJ do you live? I'm in Staten Island. If you need more advice shoot me an email dbarr15@aol.com

Personally I think a beginner is better of with a Rochelle at half the price and a generous trade-in policy .. or watch ebay for an older Bastari

Or if you think you can survive with 26 buttons for a while, I believe Greg had some in his 'concertina pyramid' ..

I'd agree that the 26 button is a great deal. Some of those old 26b Lachenals are high quality and low price! The other 4 buttons are rarely used by most of us!

Rochelle is OK, but a bit stiff so difficult to play smoothly and quickly.

Best wishes!

The other 4 buttons are rarely used by most of us!

Not if you play in the English harmonic style...

I have a Stagi C/G 30 button with a soft case I might be willing to sell.

When I was reading the the Christmas tower post I think he said later on that they were 26 button Jeffries. an a flat e flat and a B flat F! So they are not going to be cheap plus I assume you want to play Irish music on a C G.

Edited by badok88