A Number Of English Concertinas For Sale

Greg Jowaisas

Here are four of a half a dozen plus English concertinas coming off the workbench in the next week or two.

They will be refurbished with new pads, valves, straps and any necessary replacements and of course, will be carefully tuned. They range from a brass reed Lachenal on up to a Vintage 64b tenor/extended treble Aeola with lots of choices in between.

Please personal message me for a list and particular details.

A donation will be made to cnet for any instruments sold.

Best,

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

I tried to PM you but it says you can't receive new messages.

Hmm! Might be due to a recent email change and cnet update. I'll check into it. In the meantime try emailing me: gjowaisas (type:@) twc.com

I'd be happy to respond, Johanna.

Greg

(I tried some of the registration validation prompts. Anyone want to try and pm me?)

What does Homer Simpson say? Duhoe! Personal message capacity was full. I've made room. Personal message away!

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

Greg--you should beginning building your tradition holiday concertina tree early--if all the other stores are pushing--you could follow suit. It doesn't hurt to have concertina people "shop early"----then we know how much is leftover for everyone else's Christmas gifts! :P

Greg--you should beginning building your tradition holiday concertina tree early--if all the other stores are pushing--you could follow suit. It doesn't hurt to have concertina people "shop early"----then we know how much is leftover for everyone else's Christmas gifts! :P

Yes, I'm working on a holiday display. In the meantime here are some additional pics:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm happy to say that I've bought the 1915 Wheatstone Model 21 and am pleased as punch!

This might be the end of my concertina buying career. I am sure I will feel envy and lust, but, well, I think that I now have the instrument that would enable me to resist.

Edited by Mike Franch

Mike, since I am an Anglo player and therefore relatively ignorant of EC models, which picture is your new Model 21? I know that 1915 comes during a prime period for Wheatstones, but I couldn't pick it out of a line-up!! Oh, BTW, you got it from a great concertina repair artiste. Greg has done awesome work for me for a number of years including a full restoration on a 1890s (+/-) bone button Jeffries which included replacing both pin boards.

Happy Holidays,

Ross Schlabach

Hi Ross,

Thank you for the kind words. I always try to do my best while always trying to improve my skills and knowledge.

I don't think Mike will mind if I post a few photos of the Model 21 I sold him. I didn't take any vanity shots of this one using a light diffusion tent so please excuse these "unglamorous" pics.

The Model 21 was out on approval to Mike when the pyramid pictures were taken. (Mike had requested the offered list when this post first appeared and then inquired specifically about the model 21.)

Besides the pyramid's stability was in danger and another concertina could have led to its collapse!! :o I suppose that is one reason the ancient Egyptians chose to use rectangular blocks of limestone rather than hexagonal shapes! ;)

....ohhh, Greg, I am jealous of the little salvation army concertina lady stature that you have......do you think I'd should search ebay for such??

Not quite the same, but still:

http://www.ekmpowershop28.com/ekmps/shops/stcadmin6678/vintage-female-officer-open-tunic-standing-playing-concertina-4705-p.asp

http://www.ekmpowershop28.com/ekmps/shops/stcadmin6678/vintage-male-officer-open-tunic-standing-playing-concertina-4706-p.asp

If you go here:

http://www.ekmpowershop28.com/ekmps/shops/stcadmin6678/index.asp

and type in Concertina in the search box then you will come up with about 6 SA figurines with concertinas - including a Sally Ann Santa playing a concertina.

Note: this is the official merchandising store for the Salvation Army in the UK so if you do buy something then the profits will go to a good cause.

Edited by Don Taylor

Well, I'm happy to say that I've bought the 1915 Wheatstone Model 21 and am pleased as punch! ...

My only problem is that many of my friends have commented on how beautiful it looks in the photo I posted on Facebook and I think they expect that I'll be able to play it as beautifully as it looks.

Congratulations. Is it one of the ones pictured above? I don't do facebook.

Mike, whether it is Wheatstone ECs, Jeffries Anglos, Martin guitars, or Paolo Soprani, the audience always seems to have a high level of expectation! But we do what we can do, and just hope it is good enough. Of course I have discovered that I am my own most serious critic.

Just keep playing and smile!

Ross Schlabach

David, scroll up a few postings. Greg posted photos of it. It's his lovely furniture, not mine.

I find that one advantage of playing a concertina is that, while people can recognize bad playing on the piano, fiddle, or guitar or other familiar instruments, they seem amazed that anyone can play this unfamiliar instrument with all those buttons. I modestly accept their amazed praises.

David, scroll up a few postings. Greg posted photos of it. It's his lovely furniture, not mine.

Yes, there are pictures of many concertinas up there. That's why I said

Is it one of the ones pictured above?

Which one is it?

Edited: Never mind. On more careful inspection...

Edited by David Barnert