C/g Trade For G/d

Marcus

Hi All - I have an 8 sided 40 button Willie van Wyk C/G anglo. It has traditional steel concertina reeds in brass shoes. 8 fold bellows with metal ends. Hook and spring action. It has a solid case. It was built in November last year. Is there anyone who would be interested in a trade for a G/D anglo? Ideally it would be a Morse Ceili but I would consider other instruments of similar quality.

I have a Clover in C/G which I intent on playing when I want to play C/G but I'd like a G/D for the type of music I want to play.

PM me if interested - this is a chance to acquire a "real" concertina made by one of the top South African makers without any waiting.

post-2250-0-01850400-1383134210_thumb.jpg

post-2250-0-97977200-1383134219_thumb.jpg

Actually Jake - Willie van Wyk does not charge what some of the other makers charge for his concertinas. The South African makers can make you a real concertina for almost half what the other makers will charge you for a similar instrument.

With import duty etc I paid just shy of $2800.

I'd love to go to Bermuda, but can't manage it at the minute though it's high on my list of places to visit. I can be reached at nova[dot]albion[@]yahoo.ca. Send me a note and we'll work out a plan for shipping etc if you are still keen. If you like we can chat over the phone if it's easier.

By the way, I'm not sure how the PM's work on the site, but if you do I'm happy to discuss it that way. I do love the Morse by the way. It's very fast and has a lovely bright tone. For Morris or English style, it is excellent. I've looked into the van Wyk and it looks like it would suit me perfectly. I have another D/G that I can use in its place though I will miss it. Anyway, let me know what you think.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Marcus,

I'm not sure you received my reply to your most recent note. I am still interested and will arrange shipping through a local accordion dealer/technician if that suits you. Let me know and I will speak with her and send you contact details. I can be reached by PM now as well. Cheers.

I belong to and check out Con. Net regularly but am a 'rookie' at using such fora. A few minutes ago I informed Marcus that I have a John Connor, Anglo, G/D with drone that I would consider trading for the concertina pictured/described earlier. It is in very good condition, with HSC.

thanks, John

• 4 months later...

Hi All - I have an 8 sided 40 button Willie van Wyk C/G anglo. It has traditional steel concertina reeds in brass shoes. 8 fold bellows with metal ends. Hook and spring action. It has a solid case. It was built in November last year. Is there anyone who would be interested in a trade for a G/D anglo? Ideally it would be a Morse Ceili but I would consider other instruments of similar quality.

I have a Clover in C/G which I intent on playing when I want to play C/G but I'd like a G/D for the type of music I want to play.

PM me if interested - this is a chance to acquire a "real" concertina made by one of the top South African makers without any waiting.

attachicon.gifedit.jpg

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

I'm the current owner of this box, and unfortunately I need to turn it into cash to cover expenses during an unanticipated layoff from work :(

Please PM me to discuss .. it's not listed anywhere else at the moment.