Concertina Newsletter/free Reed Magazine

I promised you all that I'd let you know when the CN/FR mags were available in the Concertina Museum website. You can find them here . They aren't linked in the main CM website yet, so don't try looking for them there.

The scans were the first I ever did, over ten years ago, so the quality isn't too good. And if anybody has any of the pages that my set didn't have (some either didn't print, or printed wrongly) I'd appreciate scans.

best wishes ,, wes

That's great Wes, thanks so much for providing these links.

Reading one at random I found an advert for a T-shirt of the Wheatstone 20 Conduit Street label - I would just love one of those :) - just next to a review of the first solo LP by some interesting-sounding chap called Alistair Anderson. Whatever happened to him eh?

I have 13, 14, 17, 18, 19 and 21. If any of those are missing bits, I might be able to scan them for you.

I seem to remember that the problems were in the earlier foolscap versions prior to No.9. A quick scan shows No 8 page 18 as mis-printed and I'm sure there were more. But maybe they were all mis-printed.

That's great Wes, thanks so much for providing these links.

Reading one at random I found an advert for a T-shirt of the Wheatstone 20 Conduit Street label - I would just love one of those :) - just next to a review of the first solo LP by some interesting-sounding chap called Alistair Anderson. Whatever happened to him eh?

I used to have a Concertina Conciousness T-shirt. I wonder if Neil still has any of these? I think Mr. Anderson went on to run some kind of folk education organisation in Newcastle :)

When Alistar Anderson performed at my folk club back in the late 70's I had the fortune to sit down to dinner with him before the show. Because of that encounter I switched from the anglo to the english and have never looked back. As far as I know he is still performing regularly and even gets back over to North American occasionaly.

I stil play tunes I learned of his early LPs.