Need Case For 62B Jeffries Duet

danersen

Hello,

I'm searching for a hardshell case with approximate dimensions of:

9-7/8 x 9-7/8 x 9-5/8

A tad larger in any (and/or multiple) dimension/s is fine, but lesser will not suffice.

The case does not have to coincide with the time period of the concertina - just protect it.

A bit (or more) of padding is highly desirable.

A working latch is essential, but a lock is not.

I reside in Colorado, so it needs a decent seal to maintain the benefits of the humidifiers placed in the case which is essential here.

I'll appreciate any referrals that anyone may have.

I have sent an email directly to Doug Creighton, Bob Tedrow, and Wim Wakker.

If there are others who (may) construct/produce larger cases, I will be happy to contact them directly as well.

Be Well,

Dan

My Jeffries Anglo lives in a case made by Greg Jowaisas. He will custom build to your specifications; his cases are very sturdy and attractive.

Sorry about the sudden thread drift, but any chance of a picture of a 62b Jeffries? I have never seen one.

If you want the cheap solution a Pelican Stormcase i2075 can be adapted and is totally airtight. Not sure how big you can go with one but a standard Wheatstone/Lachenal fits.

Sorry about the sudden thread drift, but any chance of a picture of a 62b Jeffries? I have never seen one.

If you want the cheap solution a Pelican Stormcase i2075 can be adapted and is totally airtight.

Edited by Chris Ghent

Following a suggestion on this very forum, a friend carries her Jones anglo in an adapted Pelican Stormcase and has nothing but praise for its robustness and concertina-protecting properties.

The case also has the advantage of being bright yellow, so if her plane goes down she can cling to the concertina case and provide high visibility for the Air Sea Rescue teams ...

I too have a 62 button Jeffries duet - in b flat no less. Its case is plastic and used to house IBM parts. The case was given to me by the folks at the Button Box to whom I had sent the derelict duet for repairs in the mid 90s. I'll post photos of the instrument and its most practical case next week. - Tom

If you travel by air you have to carry your instrument hand luggage, yes? Then the extra size to fit all that splendid padding bites into the volume of hand luggage you are allowed. I don't know what a Jeffries came in originally but I find nothing beats the original wood and leather box for peace of mind with economy of scale.

What I could use is a lighter replica of that.