Wheatstone 81 Key Maccann Duet For Sale

ramonmartinpdx

After much reflection, I've decided to put up my Wheatstone Aeola 81 key Maccann Duet for sale.

I purchased it 2011 from Chris Algar. The serial number is 28442.

You can see the photos below.

I'd like $5000 US, but will entertain offers.

I live in Portland, Oregon USA and anyone is more than welcome to see and play the instrument in person.

I hardly played the thing and I have too many other difficult instruments under my belt to maintain skill levels on, so it's safe to say it's in the same playable and in-tune condition it was sold to me.

It has original Wheatstone straps in addition to those supplied. I also repaired the handle on the case,

I will provide more photos soon.

post-10559-0-32159400-1378311710_thumb.jpg

post-10559-0-24546200-1378311771_thumb.jpg

post-10559-0-79736000-1378311798_thumb.jpg

post-10559-0-32373900-1378311872_thumb.jpg

post-10559-0-45111800-1378311902_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

After much reflection, I've decided to put up my Wheatstone Aeola 81 key Maccann Duet for sale.

I purchased it 2011 from Chris Algar. The serial number is 28442.

You can see the photos below.

I'd like $3,500 US, but will entertain offers.

I live in Portland, Oregon USA and anyone is more than welcome to see and play the instrument in person.

I hardly played the thing and I have too many other difficult instruments under my belt to maintain skill levels on, so it's safe to say it's in the same playable and in-tune condition it was sold to me.

It has original Wheatstone straps in addition to those supplied. I also repaired the handle on the case,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

May I ask, what is it's range?

Standard range for one of those is:

• Left hand - 3 octaves, from the C two octaves below middle C ("cello low C") to the C an octave above middle C
  • Right hand - 3½ octaves, from the G below middle C ("violin low G") to the C three octaves above middle C
  • This gives 1½ octaves of overlap between the hands, from G below middle C to the C an octave above middle C

Note that on duets, the air button is included in the button count. So this would be 80 buttons sounding notes, plus the air button.

You can get a picture of the full layout on page 9 of the Rutterford tutor, in PDF format at concertina.com.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the late replies. For some reason, I don't get email notifications of the comments made, which I have in the past. Yes, the concertina is still for sale. I haven't weighed the thing, but it's not the heaviest thing, like a little more than half the weight of a Hohner Pokerwork melodeon. I thought Alexander Prince and Perci Honri played standing up. I can get you a weight later though.

I have a 51 key Maccann that's occupying my time and I wanted to sell this to invest in my steampunk hat making business, which has since failed. Ha! Oh well. The location of said concertina will change to Texas in November when I move back to resume my old job and I may just keep it because it's cool.