Lachenal Excelsior Et - Ebay Us

Wolf Molkentin

• 2 weeks later...

It arrived today. It's beautiful, light, and it plays. The top button, is it supposed to be an air valve?

Thank you for posting about this concertina on eBay, I wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't.

Russell Hedges

Aquarussell

Edited by Aquarussell

Glad that you could buy it, and are happy with it!

The top button may in fact have at least one reed removed in order to create kind of an air valve...

With an Extended Treble, you may readily do without that highest "bat" tone... B)

I wish you all the best - enjoy your Excelsior like I do mine!

Oddly, there were two low-ball bids on it when I bought it. The buy it now price was too high? I don't think it was, but the low bids were probably just wishful thinking. On eBay I often bid my true maximum, and get beat out by someone who jsut wants the item more than I do.

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14993

(scroll down about 3 or 4 posts)

It is not such a bad idea to check in with me from time to time when you are looking for a concertina.

I knew I had read the text (and particularly the naming of a "stately sound") before... :rolleyes:

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14993

(scroll down about 3 or 4 posts)

It is not such a bad idea to check in with me from time to time when you are looking for a concertina.

Enjoy your Excelsior!

I'm missing something... Greg, were you the seller? Or did you re-sell it to someone who re-sold it? Or is this a different concertina, where someone borrowed your descriptive language?