Perfect Jones Anglo

cassqueeze

A few years ago I bought a Jones perfect Anglo from Chris Algar, and then had a very good restoration job done by David Robertson. The result - a beautiful, sweet-toned instrument ideal for singing. I find I rarely use it however and I'm thinking of selling it. It's basically a C/G instrument with extra buttons so that all notes over a 2 octave range are available on both push and pull, and therefore it is relatively easy to play in any key - giving the flexibility of the duet or English with the action of the anglo. The scales for D, E,F, A & Bb are quite logical & not difficult to remember.

Can anyone advise as to what kind of price I should be asking - bearing in mind that ebay prices seem to have been a bot depressed of late?

Has anyone seen this arrangement before?

This is the Jones "Perfect Anglo-German" layout as described here by Stephen Chambers.

Can anyone advise as to what kind of price I should be asking - bearing in mind that ebay prices seem to have been a bot depressed of late?

I don't think that these come to market often enough for there to be a "standard" price. How much you can get will depend on who's looking for one of these right now. You might want to ask Chris Algar if he'd be interested - it's possible that he's got a buyer who's looking for one.