Sign in to follow this  
Dan Stener

"s/m. Special" On Wheatstone Tenor

Hello,

I've just acquired Bruce's Wheatstone Tenor #33402 and on the right side mounted above the Wheatstone plate is anonther long narrow metal plate that reads:

"S/M. SPECIAL"

Please see photo below.

I am curious if anyone knows the meaning of this designation.

Thanks.

Be Well,

Dan

post-9-1096215450.jpg

Edited by Dan Stener

I've just acquired Bruce's Wheatstone Tenor #33402 and on the right side mounted above the Wheatstone plate is anonther long narrow metal plate that reads:"S/M. SPECIAL"

I am curious if anyone knows the meaning of this designation.

Too busy to search for the reference right now, but I seem to recall that -- thanks to information from Göran Rahm -- it was most likely made specially for a particular dealer in Sweden.

Hi everyone,

I sent Dan an email that it refers to "Smålands Musikvaruhus" according to Goran Rahm.

I'm probably nuts for selling this concertina, but as I said I really love the treble "New Model" that I traded for with Barleycorn. It's both a question of money and because I just prefer playing the Lachenal. As I said, I discovered I prefer playing treble concertinas over tenor or TT instruments. Perhaps that's not strictly rational, but I've never considered myself (or anyone else) overly rational or logical.

Hmmmm, I wonder how much I'd like a baritone?

bruce boysen, more like Kirk than Spock; and actually, not much like Kirk