Test Poll  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry for taking up space in the "Forum Questions, Suggestions, Help" forum. I would rather have done this in the Test forum, but it doesn't support polls.

The purpose of this thread is to investigate a question that came up here.

I will pick up again after I have posted this.

Edited by David Barnert

OK, Now as I look at this page as it exists, I have not yet voted nor clicked the "View Results (Null Vote)" button. I will now exit concertina.net (and, in fact, reboot my computer, just for completeness). Be right back.

Interesting. I typed some text here and then (null) voted, and the text was lost.

The point was that on this, my second visit to this page, I still had the option to vote. Now that I have (by clicking the "View Results (Null Vote)" button), it says "(1 member(s) have cast votes)" but the tally on each of the three choices is still zero, because I did not vote for either of them.

So as far as I can see, this bears out my statement in the other thread.

Try it for yourself: Don't vote or view the results yet. Leave concertina.net. Come back and find this page. You will not have lost your ability to vote.

Concur - exact same results here. "View Results" is in fact a null vote, not a bypass.

I guess it has been a very long time now, but we did establish this behavior in some earlier version of the forum software; if you choose to view the results without voting, you no longer can cast a vote.

Ken

Concur - exact same results here. "View Results" is in fact a null vote, not a bypass.

I guess it has been a very long time now, but we did establish this behavior in some earlier version of the forum software; if you choose to view the results without voting, you no longer can cast a vote.

Ken

Yes, I remember. That's why I was so confident this would go as planned.