C/g Edgley Professional Model Anglo Concertina For Sale

Rickd

Greetings.

I have an Edgley concertina for sale in the key of C/G. It is the professional model and it is less than two years old. It has the angled reed pans, seven fold leather bellows and has the Wheatstone layout. It includes a Fallon case.

It is smooth and plays well. The wood is Ebony with Maple trim. The ends are stainless steel and everything on it is in perfect shape.

343.JPG

Frank took better pictures on his blog and it is posted for July of 2011.

The address is : http://edgleyconcertinas.blogspot.com/2011_07_01_archive.html It is number 343.

I am asking $2200 shipped insured in the U.S. I will ship overseas if desired but would have to charge for the extra shipping

I have not taken the time to learn to play this instrument.

In addition, I will include:

• Niall Vallely’s Concertina CD Tutorial
  • Betram Levy’s “Anglo Concertina Demystified" book with 2 CDs
  • Frank Edgley’s “How to Play the Anglo Concertina” DVD

Hmm, why is this same instrument, with same description posted twice, approximately 9 months apart by two completely different unrelated user names on the Irish Concertina blog?

RickD:

http://theirishconcertina.com/forum/topics/c-g-edgley-professional-model-anglo-concertian-for-sale

and

Kurt Magnunson:

http://theirishconcertina.com/forum/topics/c-g-edgley-concertina-for-sale

Hmm, why is this same instrument, with same description posted twice, approximately 9 months apart by two completely different unrelated user names on the Irish Concertina blog?

Can't follow the links, don't want to join just for this.

Besides, if it should be sort of a scam, the idea of directing to the maker's/seller's page appears somewhat new to me... :blink:

Here's screen shots of the two ads on the Irish Concertina board:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eskin/sets/72157633714240623/

It's probably legitimate, but considering the seller has only two posts on the board, I think it's reasonable to ask for some explanation of this.

Thank you for the shots - firstly yourself are acting legitimately when raising these questions IMO.

Hmmm, the user had come back to the first of his (?) two user names overhere, joining our community just a couple of days before advertising the instrument under the other (full?) name on the Irish Concertina Board...

Anyway, possibly a mystery without any meaning or sense...

Excuse me? What exactly is your issue with my surfacing this?

It's a reasonable question and I only posted this because I ran into the duplicate ads on the other site, thought it prudent to mention it here. I have no personal stake in this at all.

Edited by eskin

Excuse me? What exactly is your issue with my surfacing this? It's a reasonable question and I only posted this because I ran into the duplicate ads on the other site, thought it prudent to mention it here.

No problem AFAIC, just found myself blundering into sort of investigating the "case" - I'm sorry for apparently having offended you, didn't mean to in any way!

There is a simple explanation. I purchased this concertina from Kurt via his posting approximately 9 months ago.

It never occurred to me that someone would think the new for sale ad was a scam.

I posted the same photo he posted originally, and reused much of his wording since it accurately described the instrument. When I purchased it, I appreciated his inclusion of the link to the maker's blog with photos, so I also included that link.

I've not taken the time to learn to play it, and, (like Kurt), decided to sell it.

I will be happy to send current photos if someone is interested in purchasing the instrument.

RickD

There is a simple explanation. I purchased this concertina from Kurt via his posting approximately 9 months ago.

O.k., that fits the dates of all the three ads.

Good luck with selling the instrument - too bad that it didn't work for you!

I've been trying to contact RickD to arrange a purchase, but haven't been able to reach him on TheIrishConcertina.com. Rick, if you see this here, please contact me. I left the info on Irish Concertina.

RB