Can Anyone Identify This One On E-Bay?

Terrence

It's an "Anglo" concertina with expanded keyboard layout - which would make it quite a desirable instrument for that reason alone.

But look at the bellows: I wouldn't believe them to work properly, they seem to be broken at several places (with one not even fixed). Thus the bellows will have to be replaced in total, just to start with.

Hard to judge on the rest of the instrument (i.e. reeds, action, wood...).

Definitely not an instrument to unwrap and play...

I was wondering about this one too. Sent the seller a PM & he assures me all buttons make noises, except the valve. It's in my watch list. Might bid on it, if it doesn't go too high.

I hope I didn't jinx anything for you. The price went above $350 overnight.

T.

The really knowledgeable regular posters have yet to chime in, but (especially given the "steel reeds" on the right handrest, albeit without the reed symbol that often goes with it) it looks like a Lachenal to me, and one of their nicer ones at that. It clearly needs attention--possibly quite a lot--but were I in the market for a vintage anglo, I'd be giving it some serious consideration.

it´s one of my favorite lachenal types, I expect it be responsive and the tone maybe mellow, like on my 30b rosewood lachenal. But, you may buy a lot of work as well. All reeds may need to be tuned. It may need replacement of pads, springs, valves and also the bellows. It may be good to check and justify the action. Also, it may need work on the action plate and reed chambers to make the box air tight.

These are all jobs that had to be done to make a playable concertina out of the 30b I bought via ebay in 2004. But I don't regret it at all. After repairs it may be a very fine instrument...