Folk Musicians' Flowchart

Pre-requisites for playing concertina are: not enjoying life and a desire to practice 8 hours a day.

Urm :wacko:

(by Pete Shaw)

post-1950-0-88081900-1367531643_thumb.jpg

Edited by SteveS

At last I understand the source of my confusion. Concertina, melodeon, ocarina, pennywhistle, and harmonica; but I gave up the guitar and those other stringed thingies. On the other hand, the bodhran sound like thumping good fun.

Interesting!

So, with concertina and 5-string banjo as my main instruments, I must be rich!

The mandolin is for those who don't know whether or not they like drinking beer? That fits my case, because I started playing the mandolin at the age of 6 or 7, and at that time I really had no idea what beer tasted like.

Well, I know now!

Cheers,

John

The mandolin is for those who don't know whether or not they like drinking beer? That fits my case...

I've known more than one person with an "instrument" case specifically built to fit a bottle of whiskey.

How many beers can you fit in your case? B)

This is excellent - thank you for sharing. As a guitar and concertina player I now think I may have a split personality.

I wonder if there is a further iteration of this chart differentiating those of us who play, anglo, English, Maccan, Crane, Hayden etc?! But then perhaps best not, you can know too much about yourself!

A fiddle player called Pete Shaw, a Facebook friend-of-a-friend of mine, claims to be responsible for this. That's probably right, given the privileged position fiddle players occupy in the chart.

Chris

Thanks Chris - credits duly changed