New To The Concertina And To Forums. >_<

Ragman

So, here we go, I'm completely new to both. I purchased a 30 button Bonetti as this years challenge to myself. I decided this after years of flirting with the idea. A month in and some practice with "The Best Method Yet" book, and nothing but the scales are really sticking into my brain. It may help to note that as a drummer of 15 years, I've never learnt to read music. If any one would be so kind as to point me in a good direction, I'd be mighty thankful.

Also as a side note, One of the songs I have hopes to learn,

, I've got no clue on how to translate the sheet music in to the numbers and P's and D's,that I could understand.

Again thank you for any help,I can't wait to grow,I'm already in love.

Dante

Dante,

First of all, the guy in the video is playing an English concertina which is a totally different animal than your Anglo. But the good news is that they are playing in Dm which is a good key for the 30-button Anglo.

Secondly, the "Best Method Yet" isn't. Not by a long shot. And the P's and D's will drive you crazy and make it even more difficult to learn. Luckily, the Anglo is fairly easy to learn to play by ear.

If you're wanting to eventually play chords and full harmonies, of course I have to recommend "Anglo Concertina in the Harmonic Style" (!). Elsewhere in these forums is a downloadable sample, so you might want to check that out and see if the tablature system in the book makes sense to you.

The Anglo is great for playing with lots of bounce if you want to, so your percussion training will come in very handy - best of luck!

Gary