Sign in to follow this  
Astephenson

Novice Needing Some Advice!

I'm in the first few months of anglo concertina playing and have a second hand C/G Stephanelli.

I seem to be having trouble pulling on the C row middle button (D) and not sure if it's my technique / beginner level or whether it's actually a problem with it or just to be expected for a cheap-ish instrument

It seems to take more effort and therefore the note comes in lslightly ate when playing a tune.

when playing a C scale it is fine going up but feels tight coming down

Any advice?

Likely it's the 'tina rather than your playing ..

You can always take the end off and examine the reed mounting (probably in blocks of 5) .. the draw reed should be visible and you can carefully bend it to move the tip a small bit at a time. Compare the reed to it's neighbors to get a feel for where the end should be sitting ..

Likely it's the 'tina rather than your playing ..

You can always take the end off and examine the reed mounting (probably in blocks of 5) .. the draw reed should be visible and you can carefully bend it to move the tip a small bit at a time. Compare the reed to it's neighbors to get a feel for where the end should be sitting ..

Good advice, as long as you won't take a screwdriver or some metal thing like that to do the bending; I'd rather use a small piece of wood or plastic - and avoid any blowing over the reeds B)