And Another....

Paul Read

Looks as though those details may have been altered if what you are reporting is correct. I can't see any mention of UK Parcel Force - it now states Expressive delivery from outside the UK, and over a period of about a week. Apart from that the ad refers to it as old. Well, I suppose technically it is - 1953 per the ledgers , but not THAT old.

Another listing that when you click on the seller profile, it shows no current listings - very odd.

Not sure what the scammer hopes to achieve, unless he/she is planning to go phishing for direct payment and/or credit card info.

I see this item when I click the seller profile, then "Items for sale".

I've just reported this one to eBay, but, unlike with the Wakker listing, I don't have hard evidence that it's a fraud though I strongly suspect that it is.

Edited by Daniel Hersh

Sometimes sellers have zero feedback because they decide to go on ebay to sell a particular item, not because they are a scammer. Most scammers hijack good accounts. So feedback is not always a useful indicator. Easiest way, rather than rushing to report a listing if you are unsure, is to contact the seller and ask a few relevant questions that can only be answered if they have the item in their possession. Ask for a phone number, ask to hear the instrument over the phone. I've bought, and sold literally hundreds of items on eBay, some very expensive. Not been scammed once. I'm careful, but nonetheless I have huge confidence in the system. But anything with odd payment methods, or a buy-it-now for an item that should run to auction is best avoided.

Edited by Simon H

Another listing that when you click on the seller profile, it shows no current listings - very odd.

Not sure what the scammer hopes to achieve, unless he/she is planning to go phishing for direct payment and/or credit card info.

I see this item when I click the seller profile, then "Items for sale".

I've just reported this one to eBay, but, unlike with the Wakker listing, I don't have hard evidence that it's a fraud though I strongly suspect that it is.

Sold to a buyer who appears to be Chris Algar - so perhaps it was a legitimate listing despite our doubts?

I assume Chris knows what he's doing, but the odds of a high end Wheatstone popping up in Alliance, Nebraska (days after another one appears in Ashland, Nebraska and is exposed as a scam) boggle the mind. It would be like two Wheatsones appearing in the middle of the Sahara Desert.