Safe From Ivan?

Eric Root

I just noticed that Cashiers, NC appears to have taken a bad blow from the remnants of Hurricane Ivan. Isn't that where the SE Squeeze-in was? Is everyone on the list OK? I know there are a lot of places that still have no power. I know it went right over Birmingham, AL. DOe Bob Tedrow have his power pack?

The Southeast Squeeze In is in the spring (in 2005 it will be April 1-3), the event going on right now is the Northeast Squeeze In, in Massachusetts.

Presumably, everything will be restored by April (although news reports here indicate that the road between Cashiers and Highland was wiped out by Ivan).

I did talk with Bob Tedrow yesterday, and he and his family are fine, but were still without power.

I have recieved a very distressed Email from Helen,a good friend on this site.

A tree in Helens garden has been blown over in a storm and has demolished her garage and the nieghbours.It is corrently in a dangerous position and could do more damage.Luckily nobody was hurt in this incident but if you live within striking distance of Helen I would be gratefull if you could check it out.

As usual the Insurance companies are trying to walk away from the problem.

Many thanks

Al